LegacyGT.com

LGT and 2.5i compatability

Well, I currently have a DC sports muffler with a 2.5 in inlet and 4 inch outlet. No drone with that. I would imagine it wouldnt be any different with the catback unless the metal is significantly different or the diameter is larger. What I may wind up doing is getting a stock B pipe from a LGT and putting magnaflow mufflers on.

What I may wind up doing is getting a stock B pipe from a LGT and putting magnaflow mufflers on.

That's what I did with my 2013, just Nameless ABE instead of Magnaflow. No issues, bolted right up and centered in bumper cutouts. I like the sound, just loud when the engines cold. Also, the passenger side weld cracked after 1 year, but because of poor craftsmanship. I got it fixed properly and has gone 1+ years with no issues. Make sure you address this.

You can also upgrade the brakes but you will need 17" wheels to clear them.

Technically, you can upgrade to STI Brembo calipers if you really want to. They'll bolt in if they're 2008 or newer. But you'll need even larger/wider wheels.

My car has the factory 17'' alloy wheels. And yes it is a 2.5i. Someone customized it at the dealer prior to purchase, then backed out of the deal. And I have stoptech slotted only rotors and hawk pads, so far they are great. Brembo calipers would be pretty nice, but wouldn't serve much of a purpose

rear sway bar and perrin steering lock down would both be upgrades that you would feel instantly that aren't too expensive.

If you use a thicker oem rear sway bar, you might be able to find one for real cheap over on NASIOC from some wrx owner who replaced theirs.

Archived