LegacyGT.com

2017 Push To Start Remote Start Installed In 2016

Yessir I saw someone do it on YouTube.

If you read the previous page it was mentioned that the new push to start system will allow you to start with doors unlocked, but still kills the engine when you open the door.

The new system has a separate remote which is how it gets better range. Doesn't use 3x lock.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would Really helpfull if you consider doing a write up for guys like me. By the way I have 15 Prem W/eyesight/Turn key model. I don't have any remote starts installed on mine.

I would love if the Engine doesn't shut off when the door was opened. (looks like there is a work around for that as well :) ) I am waiting to do it myself.

Thank you in Advance.

If I was installing I'd 100% out up a review but I'm not putting it in. Having a dealership do it for $170. I can post up the instructions though if you plan on doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't the OEM Remote Start system still require the presence of the key FOB before you can put it in D?

IIRC, if not key fob is present (no RFID signature), once someone pushes the brake, the engine will cut off.

That is how aftermarket systems do it, so I would assume the OEM would be the same.

Doesn't the OEM Remote Start system still require the presence of the key FOB before you can put it in D?

IIRC, if not key fob is present (no RFID signature), once someone pushes the brake, the engine will cut off.

That is how aftermarket systems do it, so I would assume the OEM would be the same.

Yeah still requires it. This is an OEM unit going in with its own dedicated remote to start the vehicle.

Down side is now I'll have 2 remotes but on the plus side I'll be able to start my car 400ft away.

Yeah still requires it. This is an OEM unit going in with its own dedicated remote to start the vehicle.

Down side is now I'll have 2 remotes but on the plus side I'll be able to start my car 400ft away.

Figured as much. So if one does disable the cut-off when the door is opened, the car can't just be driven away like that, you need the key fob.

So, one's car won't be robbed, just robbed from. Or a hobo found in it, warming up in the winter.

Tape down the door switch? I have my dome lights off anyways as I don't like to be lit up like a deer in the headlights immediately after shutting the car off in random places.

I'm not sure it's even possible to remote start the car with the doors unlocked as you have to physically touch the lock button 3 times to start the car.

I am not sure about locking the door and doing a remote start. But the downside of doing the work around like tape down the door switch will lead to a lock light on the Dashboard

Can you post a picture of the antenna that's mounted to the windshield? Thanks!

i already installed this kit as stated earlier. placement of antenna is determined if vehicle is equipped with eyesight. if vehicle does not have eyesight then the antenna gets mounted behind rearview mirror. the antenna cannot be seen from the outside as it is blocked by the dark banding of the windshield on eyesight models. kit is very easy to install by yourself with install directions at techinfo.subaru.com

IMG_4250.thumb.JPG.69286cddb563a9b7976a3d1f1ce7a5fd.JPG

IMG_4251.thumb.JPG.1ad933d4847a1da0016b7b7d1ed1d461.JPG

i already installed this kit as stated earlier. placement of antenna is determined if vehicle is equipped with eyesight. if vehicle does not have eyesight then the antenna gets mounted behind rearview mirror. the antenna cannot be seen from the outside as it is blocked by the dark banding of the windshield on eyesight models. kit is very easy to install by yourself with install directions at techinfosubaru.com

Link is going to the Spam Websites please correct it !

• 1 year later...
Only workaround for door shutoff is to tape down the door switch, however that means your dome lights won't turn on when you open the door and you won't know if your door isn't latched. Plus if the car is unlocked I believe anyone can get in and drive away:eek:

Aftermarket is the only way, although a DIY install is quite an undertaking...ask me how I know:lol::lol:

Reviving this from the dead :spin:

I picked up the remote start module from a fellow member here CT2015Legacy and have it installed. I was trying to do the door shut off hack, but noticed that it kills the engine even by pressing the PBS (tried single and double push) or press the button thingie on the shift lever or press the brake pedal.

Did anyone else experience this? know of a work around?

It wouldn't make sense for me to F*** around with the door switch if it is going to kill the engine when I press the PBS....

Archived