LegacyGT.com

AC wont turn on

Any idea why my AC wont turn on? I checked all the fuses and they are fine. today it stormed bad and I had my moon roof cracked open along with the windows cracked. when I came out to shut the windows it was all foggy inside the car. now the ac wont even power on. all my other electronics are fine. any idea what it could be?

Does it show being on when you hit the button? It could be a relay, compressor, low refrigerant, pressure switch or wiring. Check for power and ground at the ac compressor. You can try jumping the low pressure switch to see if that turns the compressor on as well but do this after checking the compressor.

Moisture in the center stack is a possibility.

Try to disconnect the battery, press the brake for 30 seconds and reconnect to ensure that you have reset the electronics. This will reset the EMS as well though so expect rough idle for the next few starts.

453747.png

I didn't do any of that yet but today driving home from work I pressed the ac button and it came on. as soon as it came on I tried to turn down the fan and it didn't work again. now its on full blast ac wont power off or lower the speed of the fan. the only thing that works is the temp control of the ac. it won't let me use any of the electronic buttons. makes no damn sense.

As ehsnils mention above, did you disconnect the battery?

I've had the radio and A/C unit flicker on/off a few times. Resetting it by disconnecting the battery for a few mins worked for me.

My wife's balls are delicious.

didn't work now the radio wont turn on change channels. its stuck on 87.9 the only thing that works is the cd player when I eject the cd thats in there and put it back in that cd plays but I can't change to any other cd or station on the radio and the air conditioner wont turn on again.

radio worked again this morning. I think its damp in there from the storm. Like I stated earlier I accidentally left the sun roof and the windows cracked and it down poured bad the other day while I was working. Ill test the ac tomorrow. it may be damp in there like you said. on a dif note I found some coils on ebay and they came with copper plugs. Im running lean and im getting a misfire everytime I hit boost. before I go get it tuned Im gonna throw some new coils and plugs in the car. the listing number is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322021501456?euid=19c9246f846941b4a50aef88bb10d4b0&bu=43745334676&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

I know the coils will work but not sure about the plugs from what im reading I need iridium what do you think?

Use the correct plugs for the engine in question, and I have a preference for NGK plugs as they are reliable and once I had an engine that only did run well with them.

For the turbo engine, SILFR6A gapped to 0.8mm / 0.030".

For the NA engine, FR5AP-11, gapped to 1.1mm / 0.044".

And make sure that coils are clean and dry. Avoid WD-40 and other stuff with oil on the surface of the coil and plug since it will cause dirt to stick to them and result in high voltage trouble.

453747.png

after I pulled the wire off the battery the only thing that works now is the cd player turns on. now I cant get the ac on or the radio. none of the buttons work its gonna be like 105 this weekend anyone know what else I could try I'm about to take a baseball bat and smash the damn thing lol

Have you pulled the console and checked your wiring? You either fried the boards in the control head and radio, have moisture in the harness or both.

It is going to be damn hot this weekend or I'd offer to help you out. I've worked in this shit all week and need to suck up some ac lol

I feel you man lol. today alone I was driving with every window and the sun roof completely open sweating my ass off. If I need a new unit I may upgrade it to one of the double din azo setups with the ac control in the kit. but would much rather just wipe out some moister and fix this one. I just ordered new coils and plugs for the car today. im boosting and it misfires bad. my cop was reading 17-19 on the air ratio. def running lean as hell right now. rally spec doesn't have any openings for a street tune until sept 9th so I want to look around for someone that can do that for me soon. but this ac needs to be fixed asap I can deal without a radio but ac in this heat is a must.

I had a similar issue. I removed the center console and reseated the front panel for the stereo and climate control.

GL

anyone know what else I could try I'm about to take a baseball bat and smash the damn thing lol

Have you tried removing the front panel? Reseating it?

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Have you followed the manual to see what could be wrong, I think you want to be around page 4200.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived