LegacyGT.com

2016 rear endlinks

Hey Everyone,

I've looked around the site and received some conflicting info. I have a 2016 3.6 and I just put in the adjustable 22 whiteline sway bar, medium setting. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I tried putting it in with the "hump" up top (just like how our stock one comes installed) there is no way to fit it that way, however when you flip it upside down, it seems to fit perfectly (I'm hoping this is correct...someone please confirm I did this right?) Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade the rear endlinks and the only ones I'm finding that fit are from AVO...but then i'll see others on here with the 6th gen saying they installed kartboys. I don't know which one is better for this, and I've read on the site for previous gens that there was a problem installing the kartboys with the whiteline bar. I just want to do this right and don't want to somehow screw something up and get thrown off while driving. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hump up or down, it doesn't matter as long as it clears the exhaust. Any end links for 08+ WRX/STI or 2010+ Legacy will work for you. They are all the same since the sway bars and lower control arms are all interchangeable on those models.

Thank you for that. The way I have it installed it clears the exhaust but for some reason the right exhaust just barely rubs up against the bar, so you'll hear it over certain bumps in the road. Do you have to get an alignment after you install the bar? And do you recommend a particular set of endlinks?

Try it with the hump up. It doesn't look like it should fit, but it will, with maybe 1mm clearance to the spare tire tub. Mine is like that and it doesn't cause any issues. No, you don't need an alignment. And you really don't need to spend any money on end links. I have been running the stock end links with my 22mm Whiteline bar on the 23mm setting for 45k miles and even tracked it a few times without any issues. Dozens of 5th Gen guys are doing the same as me without any issues.

I really did try installing it with the hump up..one side goes in, the other no way. I was even going to try denting in the spare tire tub. Before I did that though I flipped it the other way around and it fit easy that way. It handles amazing on curves and turns, but the back end does seem a bit jumpy, almost like the back wants to lead the front. I'll try installing it like you say, but I spent a few hours trying to get that to work. This is actually why I was looking to upgrade the end links bc I wasn't sure if that's what was causing that driving feeling.

Your stock front sway bar is ??mm, and that is plenty big. Check your alignment, you may have a slight toe out in the rear.

EDIT: I originally thought the 6th Gen FSB was 26mm, it appears smaller and I beleive it is a 23mm bar, but not confirmed.

• 4 months later...
Hump up or down, it doesn't matter as long as it clears the exhaust. Any end links for 08+ WRX/STI or 2010+ Legacy will work for you. They are all the same since the sway bars and lower control arms are all interchangeable on those models.

Are the stock end links on the WRX/STI any heavier than the legacy's, has any one compared them?

• 1 month later...
I just installed the 20mm Subaru bar. Very happy with the change.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

I'm thinking about upgrading my endlinks, too. This morning I had to take mine apart to clean and reapply some threadlocker due to one side becoming loose. I deformed the stock nut just a bit making sure they were tight. I still don't know if I want to upgrade or just get a new nut... the stock endlinks have been working fine for me. Any thoughts?

If anybody knows off hand what thread/size is of the nut or where to buy let me know!

I just installed Whiteline rear end links on my '17 Outback 2.5i Premium; they're sturdier than stock, which is necessary going from 16 mm (stock) to 22 mm. I'm using the soft setting for now because the stock front bar is 21 mm.

I tried to fit a 24 mm Whiteline front bar, but found interference issues. If the stock bar on the 3.6 is 23 mm that may be the solution I'm looking for.

I just installed Whiteline rear end links on my '17 Outback 2.5i Premium; they're sturdier than stock, which is necessary going from 16 mm (stock) to 22 mm. I'm using the soft setting for now because the stock front bar is 21 mm.

I tried to fit a 24 mm Whiteline front bar, but found interference issues. If the stock bar on the 3.6 is 23 mm that may be the solution I'm looking for.

What whiteline front bar did you try? WRX?

IIRC all models are 21mm front but if the 3.6 is indeed 23 that'd be a nice upgrade. ~1.4x stiffer.

If anybody knows off hand what thread/size is of the nut or where to buy let me know!

The nut for the end link stud where it attaches to the rear sway bar is an M10 & appears to be 1.25mm thread pitch (not 1.5mm). Obviously it would be at least class 8.8, but it could possibly be higher tensile. The SM does indicate that this should be replaced with a new nut if undone but I’ve never had one come loose whenever I use the old one & torqued to 24ft/lb.

The nut for the end link stud where it attaches to the rear sway bar is an M10 but I’m not sure what thread pitch (possibly 1.5mm). ...

It isn’t 1.5mm thread pitch - it appears to 1.25mm thread pitch. I’ve edited that post.

Archived