LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy GT

Legacy29

Looking to buy a 2009 Legacy GT. $7800 but the owner is willing to drop the price since I probably have to change the timing belt, head gaskets, and the turbo. The owner said that there is white smoke coming from the exhaust could be a failed turbo, head gasket or both. What do you guys think is this car worth it?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/2009-subaru-legacy-gt-sedan/1180436992?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It is now $4800 CA. The pictures are pretty small and not very detailed. I would price it like it needs a motor and turbo. If I was going to put a motor in an older car like 4th Gen Legacy, I would want a car that was in excellent condition if I was going to the put the labor and money into it. It probably isn't the cheapest way to buy a 2009 LGT, but an the other hand you could buy a similar mileage 2009 GT with a good motor. you could easily end up in the same situation of the car need a motor down the roads. If you read the forum regularly, you will see that it is not that uncommon for the Turbo EJ255 to need a new motor with higher miles.

It's could be as cheap as a new VF46 and various lines but as costly as a new shortblock plus assembly fees ~$4-$4.5k if you got it for $4500 and spent $4500 that $9k all in not bad and at least you'd have a known baseline engine wise. How is the body and interior?

If it's clean talk the owner down.

Archived