LegacyGT.com

Got my car dynoed.

Killuminati206

So these are my dyno results for my 05 5EAT. Got tuned at Pacific Import Auto. Mike did a great job. Current mods. JMP vf40 custom turbo, cobb dp, gs up, cobb sf intake, Throttle body hose and bullet proof tmic. Was hoping the numbers to be higher but the car is significantly smoother and more power. All in all Mike said i need external waistgate and tmic to get 20 psi. Either way im happy with where im at. Love to here some feed back.

IMG_20160713_200352.thumb.jpg.47cbd909c04dd9f23a487b4088936908.jpg

IMG_20160713_200400.thumb.jpg.128fe1638f79cb917dd88c94b423ae79.jpg

What was the final number for hp? 325?

243. Which is about right for a VF40 on a properly set up Mustang dyno. On a non-heartbreaker, you might see another 30 or 40HP. The main thing is how it feels, responds, and lasts.

OP, can't tell from the graphs, what was your max boost? 16PSI?

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

243. Which is about right for a VF40 on a properly set up Mustang dyno. On a non-heartbreaker, you might see another 30 or 40HP. The main thing is how it feels, responds, and lasts.

OP, can't tell from the graphs, what was your max boost? 16PSI?

Car feels and drives great way more low end. Just how I like it. I hit 17psi. Loving my tune. Next it's coil overs.

I'm shooting for closer to 400. But I'd be happy for a conservative 360whp. Lol.

Lol and you'll be kicking out quite a bit more money than original poster after you're done. Nice setup OP!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

• 1 month later...

Nice numbers - My stage2 Std VF40 was at 230/280 (@17 PSI) - so the JMP version appears to go good....

Can't wait to see what my car puts down with a GrimSpeed TMIC & VF52!!!! :wub:(The break in tune is killing drive-ability - although the car feels rock solid at 1/3 throttle:p)

Nice numbers - My stage2 Std VF40 was at 230/280 (@17 PSI) - so the JMP version appears to go good....

Can't wait to see what my car puts down with a GrimSpeed TMIC & VF52!!!! :wub:(The break in tune is killing drive-ability - although the car feels rock solid at 1/3 throttle:p)

Should pull very nicely! Are we going to tune you?

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Brian - At some point - YES!! But right now still working with ECS as they did the engine build out and are still warrantying that (still within the break in period on the new engine & Turbo)....

@Brian - At some point - YES!! But right now still working with ECS as they did the engine build out and are still warrantying that (still within the break in period on the new engine & Turbo)....

Waittt... Are you Eric?

-B

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your going to like that combo. Trust me. Do you have stock fueling ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Your going to like that combo. Trust me. Do you have stock fueling ?

Upgraded pump - but stock injectors:hobbes: - right now just trying to get the car back in running shape - current tuning will stay Open Source - but long term I'll probably upgrade the injectors and go AP - but right now the wallet is in flames - so the project manager (read wife) has but a ban any new parts:soap_box:

- but right now the wallet is in flames - so the project manager (read wife) has but a ban any new parts:soap_box:

Can't you just 'advise' her that you'll get the same performance as the S4 w/out the (maintenance) cost? :-) :lol:

Can't you just 'advise' her that you'll get the same performance as the S4 w/out the (maintenance) cost? :-) :lol:

Ohh - that ship has sailed:lol: - This go around was Turbo #4:eek: - and the path of it's "inexpensive" to just put a new engine in.... Turns out all along a Turbo from way back when lodged some particles in the heads...:mad: (FYI - I bought the car used - so probably even further back from me....:confused:) But yeah she puts up with a lot of "car problems":p

Anyways - back to the OP - Enjoy the new found power:cool:

OP I dont think an external wastegate is going to help much on the stock turbo honestly. Do you have an EBCS? I think this would help more and its a hell of alot cheaper and easier to install. Every tuner ive talked to recommends it so it must work lol

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Upgraded pump - but stock injectors:hobbes: - right now just trying to get the car back in running shape - current tuning will stay Open Source - but long term I'll probably upgrade the injectors and go AP - but right now the wallet is in flames - so the project manager (read wife) has but a ban any new parts:soap_box:

I suggest you get the AP first and have TA street tune with it...you may find you don't need injectors and have a fun reliable DD.

I will say Mike has made my wagon some much to drive, I can't justify selling it and buying a new Legacy 3.6R. I would like all the safety features of Eyesight, but damn you Mike, the wagon is such a fun car everyday.

Talk with Mike or Brian, both have driven my wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived