LegacyGT.com

Turbo replacement gaskets

Hello!

So the turbo should be back in my hands next week(Thanks JMP!), and I was wondering if I should pick up a complete set of gaskets, or just specific ones?

If it's all, then it should be the Up-pipe to turbo, turbo to Down-pipe, turbo to I/C, and I/C to Intake right?

With the Cobb DP, do I need a Cobb gasket or just the Subaru one?

Thanks!

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

3 stock type gaskets should be fine. there is no gasket from tmic to TB. Most of us remove those rubber boots on the end of the TB hose.

You should also get a gasket for the oil return flange and a new oil return hose.

I bolt my turbo to the up pipe, I find it easier to line things up and don't tighten those bolts until the tmic is in place and tight to the TB hose then tighten the turbo outlet bolts, then the support brackets, then the turbo to up pipe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Your turbo won't need the oil drain gasket. I don't remove the drain tube if it's sealed well and yours was perfect. For turbo to TMIC-Mr. Gasket 738G-orange/aluminum reusable Chevy water outlet gasket seals perfectly and is infinitely reusable.

Thank you sir!

That sounds like the turbo to TMIC gasket that was on there, but it looked a little rough. I wasn't sure if there was a fitment issue with the AVO TMIC.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Archived