LegacyGT.com

Steering problems.

So about four months ago I had got my steering pump replaced and also a rack and Pinion put into my car. Yesterday my car was driving just fine until I was trying to make a tight turn to the left then heard a pop noise I was able to park and go into work, of course worried about it the whole time. Then when I came out it was hard to turn my wheel to the right. But when I would turn it to the left it would make one pop sound then be fine turning to the left. I looked at my passenger-side CV boot turns out to have some dark green sludge on it. I haven't been able to put it up in the air yet to look to see if there's a hole. But would that cause the symptoms I just explain to you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.

If you can replace the boot and keep the axle if you can. Aftermarket axles are a 50/50 at best. I have been through 3 on my left front. When my right boot leaked, I replaced the boots with OEM boots and grease.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

from a past post:

Duralast 7336 (60-7355) part, not the 60-7336. The Duralast has gotten good reviews here. If it gives you a problem, take it back and get a replacement.

806735230 = oil seal, right or passenger side

806735240 = oil seal, left or driver side

806975010 = o-ring ( both sides same )

for boot: Beck/Arnley aftermarket one from Rockauto.com.

I took my car to the shop today got my cv boot and axle fixed but my steering is still bad. Now I don't know what to do. I guess I will take it back to the shop I got my rack and pinion done at. I have had nothing but troubles with this car and the steering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived