LegacyGT.com

Bay Area headcount

simons gt

coffee&photos vs bbq and dyno  

16 members have voted

1. 1. coffee&photos vs bbq and dyno

• coffee&photos
    • bbq&dyno

Hey LzyKid4Life, if you go, hit me up. If you want maybe I can meet up to cruise with you when you pass through Davis with my roommate and his Acura RSX and my other roommate and his Porsche 944. Depends on our availability of course.
-ben

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wingedmoon good point, I totally forgot about traffic:(

So how about last Saturday of every month. Starting Sat Oct 29 11AM. I think this time will work pretty well for everybody(LAZYKID will have to wake up early:) though). Help me out with location guys. I'm not very familiar with neither San Mateo nor Redwood city. If anybody has any suggestions for a place that'd be cool.

Simon

Simon's been showing up to some of the Wednesday and Thursday night South Bay meets... I'm pretty much always there. Okay okay... always :lol: ....and Westin makes a cameo every now and then :)

I'm definitely down to hang out whenever the Legover guys are meeting up!... that is, if it's cool with ya'll to have an old school Legacy hanging around :cool:...

Jeremy

I don't know if I count, since I have a Forester XT, but I have:

'04 Forester XT

TurboXS turboback w/Bosal exhaust

TurboXS intake

Custom boost gauge/ICS

STi Forester JDM springs/sway bar/Poltec endlinks

coming next week:

STi VF39 and STi I/C

Helix uppipe

Walbro fuel pump

All this managed by ECUTek from Vishnu Performance Tuning

I can be found up in the North Bay...near Santa Rosa, and flying on the backroads of Marin and Sonoma Counties. :D

Lies, all lies... That's my car, not yours! Now get back in your SVX... :p

Anyways, just checking in to represent the NorCal contingent. Obviously no Legacy here either, just a badass Forester... :D

-Silke

05 SWP GT limited. 5EAT. Berkeley area.

Looks like there are quite a few of you in the south bay. No wonder I don't see many around here in the east bay. There are so many Subarus in Berkeley area, I figure I'd see a little more.

haha, I'm in SF, and I bought my OBP LGT 5mt Limited in Irvine as well, back in May though.

Im in SF

05 OBP LGT WAGON non-limited 5MT - still no plates...just bought 3-4 weeks ago in irvine.

Saturday penninsula is good for me

Hmmm, perhaps to flush out a place to meet we should decide what we want to do when we do. I haven't been to owner's meet before, so maybe I'm missing something here. Do we want to just meet up, check out each other cars? A place that has good food and space for us to pop the hoods? Meet up at one place, then cruise together up into the hills? Meet, cruise, eat, check-out (in no particular order, sort-of)?

If you guys wanted to set up a dyno day/BBQ it would be very easily achievable. Ed from EQ Tuning and I would pick up the food costs. The only catch is that it would have to be up in Davis so Ed can road dyno the cars :)

....he wrote the road dyno software himself, btw. He's a software engineer. It takes into account all the gear ratio and final drive + tire size info, of course, the weight of the car + drivers, actual coefficient of drag, frontal surface area, etc.... I went from his place w/ road dyno numbers to the Mustang dyno here and my HP was WITHIN 1 HP and about 2 lb-ft of what the Mustang read. Insane!

Plus doing it on the road is much less stressful to your car. And tuning on the road just produces the smoothest, most accurate, best possible tunes!!!

Jeremy

btw -- Why in Davis: farm land. Long, straight, flat, desolate roads in the middle of nowhere with no traffic and no houses or cross streets for miles. Couldn't possibly be a better place to road dyno/road tune... but yes, if you're Mr. Law Abiding Citizen then... well....

I'm interested in that bbq/road dyno day.... sounds like a lot of fun on some lonely roads. but we probably can't post the results here since there may be speeding involved :(
The dyno graphs look like any other dyno graphs :)... here's an example:

(STI with turboback, intake, ProTune)

http://www.eqtuning.com/dynos/mike/tuned.png

Jeremy

.....if there were just like 8+ cars willing to go, then it would be worth doing a BBQ thing :)....

Archived