LegacyGT.com

Cobb firmware updates... wtf?

I finally got around to plugging in the AP SUB 002 I bought from another member on here like... forever ago. Car is bone stock otherwise, but I have some basic parts going in next week and wanted to make sure it works first. It does, didn't have any problem flashing a Stage 1 map on it, car seemed to drive fine. Regardless, according to info in my AP, the last firmware update it received was back in 2011. On the Cobb website there have been a whole bunch of firmware updates for this unit up to as recently as last year, but for some reason I can't update the AP. I put the disc in and installed the software on my PC, but there wasn't really anything useful there in what came up. Plugged in the AP, and was told after a minute of searching that it couldn't locate the driver for the device. Huh? I've done some searching here and found nothing about this, Cobb forums are closed, their "help" section has nothing. What little I've gathered is that with the software on the PC, when I plug in the AP it should automatically determine if there are updates. I got nothing, and I know it's years out of date. WTF? PC is running Win7 if that matters.

I got the software from the website, not a CD. perhaps the accessport manager needs to be a newer version? also - give Cobb a call on the phone, they are very helpful and have taken great care of me any time I have called them for technical issues or otherwise.

Yea, the manager has been updated. Go to the website and download the newest one. From there you can update the Acessport.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Download this,

https://cobb.box.com/apm-win

If you want to unlock more power out of your car, shoot us a PM and we can get you stated on a good etune!

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks folks, I'll try the link. We'll see how the car does on the shelf tune when I get it back from the shop next week, maybe I'll spring for a more custom tune. Dunno, parts are pretty basic, just a Perrin catless up and turbo inlet... not sure how much benefit there is to getting too carried away with custom tunes at this juncture.

Thanks folks, I'll try the link. We'll see how the car does on the shelf tune when I get it back from the shop next week, maybe I'll spring for a more custom tune. Dunno, parts are pretty basic, just a Perrin catless up and turbo inlet... not sure how much benefit there is to getting too carried away with custom tunes at this juncture.

You should get a custom one. You'll totally feel the difference because it'll be tailored for your car. I couldn't run cobbs stage 2 because it ran too rich but with a etune, it fixed that.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

I don't see this car ever being stage 2, but who knows?

In other news, the link worked. I was able to (I think) update the firmware, at least the version on the AP is current, but for some reason even after walking away for an hour it still didn't successfully reboot according to the app on the pc. Now I can't get the device to eject. Well, the pc thinks it's disconnected, and the app is closed, but the AP still says I need to exit the application before disconnecting. Ugh.

Call Cobb.

Or, if your close to TA stop by and have Mike update the AP and do a street tune. You'll be amazed at how much more you like the car after he does his magic.

Where in NE are you ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Cobb OTS maps arent listed for upgraded turbo inlets

You should get a custom one. You'll totally feel the difference because it'll be tailored for your car. I couldn't run cobbs stage 2 because it ran too rich but with a etune, it fixed that.

Totally worth it! I'd get a DP too at the same time, which we also sell.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your a 30 minute drive or so from Mike. Really, he is one of the best in the country if not the best with these cars, I can't stress enough how much you should take advantage of his services. People from the west coast would love to be as close to you are from TA.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That's a lot closer than where I go now. I wouldn't give my guy up as a mechanic, but we'll see how it goes with the tuning. For all I know, he gets his tunes from AT...

Archived