LegacyGT.com

Ground strap locations

So, I replaced my TGVs with some fresh IAG Performance versions, and two of the grounds that attached to the original TGVs were removed. Those were, as far as I'm aware, the last two grounds attached on the entire engine.

That said, where were all of the engine bay ground straps originally attached, and where would be a good position to relocate those two wires to? (I also don't have the OEM heat shield on both the turbo and the headers anymore, those fell off)

I'm going to make up some fresh ground wires, and I wanted to make sure they're in a position that's as close to OEM as possible.

The bottom side of both heads are grounded to the chassis. There should be a bar off the Intake manifold back by the brake booster where those two big wires attach too.

You may be able to see them in my click here link in my sig. The pictures start about post 26.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My next move would be to use a tranny to engine block mount bolt. I think with the tmic removed, the starter bolt would be very tempting.

Make sure the metal is freshly wire brushed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

In addition to the grounds on the heads, I have a ground wire right at the starter bolt, and another one that's near the pitch stop mount on the fire wall side. It goes to the bracket for the behind-the-intake manifold harness connector and knock sensor connector.

Archived