LegacyGT.com

Oil cooler with fmic

I don't think I would want the potential heat soak on my FMIC. I wonder if you could mount it where the factory TMIC sat and use the hood scoop to keep it cool?

I have one of the 'larger' trans coolers mounted between the AC condenser and FMIC. It looks about 1/3 as thick as your oil cooler, but has a lot more surface area.

I was thinking about doing the above though. It's a shame to let the hood scoop go to waste.

Unfortunately above 90mph the hood scoop is useless. With the tracks I commonly run on, the scoop gets no airflow for 90% of the track. It's the radiator which will have some slightly warmer air passing through it and I can put some insulation between the cooler and fmic if it rests on top.

Unfortunately above 90mph the hood scoop is useless. With the tracks I commonly run on, the scoop gets no airflow for 90% of the track. It's the radiator which will have some slightly warmer air passing through it and I can put some insulation between the cooler and fmic if it rests on top.

I am curious about this. Any ideas why above 90 it's useless? That seems like it would do terrible things if you are still running a TMIC.

I am curious about this. Any ideas why above 90 it's useless? That seems like it would do terrible things if you are still running a TMIC.

The slope of the hood causes the bulk of the air to go over and not in the hood scoop at high speed. We've confirmed it with data logs when I was running a tmic

Archived