LegacyGT.com

AWD tire wear?

awdG35killer

Well it depends really on what tyres are getting traction and which ones arent. At the end of the day, yr steer tyres will always wear quicker than the two being pulled along. If you were to rotate every service period under normal driving, you shouldnt have too many problems with abnormal wear. Also keep a constant eye on yr tyre pressures as this can also affect the wear pattern.

I've found AWD tires to wear out more evenly than 2WD vehicles. The fronts do wear out slightly faster since they're the ones doing the turning. Keep rotating them and you should have very even wear. Ken

[quote name='SUBE555']You shouldn't be spinning any tires during acceleration. You're only more likely to be buying a new transmission very shortly. ;) Agctr has the rest. :)[/quote] hehe, what i meant by spinning was the fact that the wheels spin when you accelerate, not spinning as in "burn out" sorry

The wheels will spin any time you are in motion, just hopefully they are less than the max friction available which means they'll be covering the same distance as the vehicle. ;)

You need to find the balance between traction and spinning depending on the conditions and the surface that you are on. With the AWD system, the power will be taken away from the wheel that slips to the wheels that grip, so you shouldnt really have extreme tyre spinning unless you are totally loading up the engine and then dumping the clutch. *Please NOTE, this is not a recommended practice* For more information, please read the back of this pack :o :D :o

[quote name='SUBE555']That's why I took credit for mine and exchanged them out, so I wouldn't have to try and beat the snot out of them and the car just because I wanted them gone badly.[/quote] What does the dealer do with the RE92s they removed from your car? Sell them as new take-offs?

Archived