LegacyGT.com

Radiator problem / possible head gasket pop..?

lol interesting events here...

Your radiator cracked because hot, super-pressurized exhaust gasses are getting into the system (if in fact it's HG failure).

I caught my HG when the bubbles in the overflow were still very small, almost like champagne bubbles. Sounds like yours has made it to the geyser stage?

yea its some small bubbles ever so often at idle....its the size of a hot wheels wheel or smaller

i jus hav to top up wit about half cup of water on a morning b4 i go (yes i know it shouldnt be driven) but i need it to drop off my lil 1 at day care etc so dont be mad at me for running the leggs in limp mode:hide:

i plan on getting a beater for times like these wen i hav to do repairs...

as we're on the topic of repair the mech recommended i go wit cometic gaskets while a supplier fren of mine suggested goin bk oem...

What u guys think..?

oh, I just viewed your video in the fist post, yea, that's a HG.

It sounds like your going to drop the car in a few day's and have a mechanic repair it ?

Ask him if he's pulling the engine to do the repair, if so assemble with ARP head studs. The heads should be rebuilt while they are off.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yea he's pulling the engine to do the job...

i'm buying a seal kit 1 time as its out

i'll buy the studs when i'm doing a full build wit crank,pistons,rods,bearings etc

Want to drop it mid june wen i'm on a few days vacation

Archived