LegacyGT.com

Subaru parts America

PM Brian at TA and see what he can do for you.

Tell us more about your car. It's not very common these cars need that part.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well it's a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT. I love the car but it's been nothing but a pain in the ass since I got it from this shitty dealership. I've had it 5 months already dropped about 2000 in it just to make sure it runs good. It's one thing after another with this car. And I'm coming to find out that Subaru parts are not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now tell us where you live. Don't worry we're not coming over just so if have an idea if there's a good place to take the car to get it fixed.

These cars need lots of TLC but if maintained will run well for years.

How many miles in it, what was recently done ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I live in Oregon. I recently put a new power steering pump and a new rack and Pinion. It wasn't steering correctly. When I bought the car they said they put a new engine in the vehicle but it looks like they just went to a junkyard and got one. It has 100000 miles on it. I have a buddy with a shop so I take it to him he helps me out with labor costs and he is willing to teach me how to work on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal with your buddy.

My wagon had a new PS rack back in 2012 I think it was, got a PS pump a few months back.

I have a small note pad that I keep track of everything done to the car. With 4 cars to take care of at my house, it helps to keep notes.

Check out the sticky up top by JmP6889928 about various parts. Lot's of great info there.

You've come to the right forum for these cars. Everything you need to know is here.

Oh, Welcome to the Forum.

Have you learned how to check the oil level ? Always keep it topped off, never let it get low. the turbo will not be happy.

You may want to do a oil sample and send it to Blackstone Labs for a reference to see how healthy the engine is.

Do you do any of your own work? Many of the small maintenances (cleaning MAF, oil changes, bulbs, belts, battery, even brakes) are not terribly labor intensive if you are mechanically inclined and have some tools. Not too many are really necessary to do most of those types of work.

Keep track of the things you do and date them in a logbook. Depending on what you want to do with the car, there are a couple of modifications that you NEED to do in order to ensure longevity and durability.

1. Banjo bolt filter on the turbo feed line. Google it and it will bring you to here and you'll find several walkthroughs on how to remove it. Again, not labor intensive and not tool intensive.

2. Get rid of stock up pipe with cat in it. Many options to do this from a WRX/STi take off pipe to a good aftermarket (Grimmspeed, Perrin, Cobb, etc.) and it's imperative for you to do this now. Your car with 100K on it is right at the point the catalytic converters begin to disintegrate a bit. One small chunk comes off and your turbo is toast and potentially your entire engine too.

3. At the same time as the up pipe (this is located at the top of the OE up pipe)-do a 2.2Kohm resistor mod to the EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature sender-the wired thing on the pipe just below the turbo) by cutting the plug off and putting the resistor between the wires and plugging it back in. It makes your Electronic Control Module think your exhaust gas temperature is perfect all of the time and no check engine light.

4. Lower control arm bushings-can cause serious clunking when you go over bumps, RR tracks, etc. and they have a tendency to actually break apart. This would be a "buddy's shop" repair but definitely necessary because if they completely separate, it could potentially cause an accident.

5. Timing belt/water pump replacement-again a "buddy's shop" repair but necessary at 105K to make sure nothing fails and causes valves to hit pistons (I HATE it when that happens) and ruins your engine.

Those 5 things are necessary maintenance to help the health of your car and not avoidable. These cars are not for the faint of wallet but when they are correct, they are absolutely the BEST bang for the buck and they are timeless in the look and feel.

Good luck and check with our vendors here. They are great folks and will take good care of you. :)

Do you do any of your own work? Many of the small maintenances (cleaning MAF, oil changes, bulbs, belts, battery, even brakes) are not terribly labor intensive if you are mechanically inclined and have some tools. Not too many are really necessary to do most of those types of work.

Keep track of the things you do and date them in a logbook. Depending on what you want to do with the car, there are a couple of modifications that you NEED to do in order to ensure longevity and durability.

1. Banjo bolt filter on the turbo feed line. Google it and it will bring you to here and you'll find several walkthroughs on how to remove it. Again, not labor intensive and not tool intensive.

2. Get rid of stock up pipe with cat in it. Many options to do this from a WRX/STi take off pipe to a good aftermarket (Grimmspeed, Perrin, Cobb, etc.) and it's imperative for you to do this now. Your car with 100K on it is right at the point the catalytic converters begin to disintegrate a bit. One small chunk comes off and your turbo is toast and potentially your entire engine too.

3. At the same time as the up pipe (this is located at the top of the OE up pipe)-do a 2.2Kohm resistor mod to the EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature sender-the wired thing on the pipe just below the turbo) by cutting the plug off and putting the resistor between the wires and plugging it back in. It makes your Electronic Control Module think your exhaust gas temperature is perfect all of the time and no check engine light.

4. Lower control arm bushings-can cause serious clunking when you go over bumps, RR tracks, etc. and they have a tendency to actually break apart. This would be a "buddy's shop" repair but definitely necessary because if they completely separate, it could potentially cause an accident.

5. Timing belt/water pump replacement-again a "buddy's shop" repair but necessary at 105K to make sure nothing fails and causes valves to hit pistons (I HATE it when that happens) and ruins your engine.

Those 5 things are necessary maintenance to help the health of your car and not avoidable. These cars are not for the faint of wallet but when they are correct, they are absolutely the BEST bang for the buck and they are timeless in the look and feel.

Good luck and check with our vendors here. They are great folks and will take good care of you. :)

Wow that was a lot. Yeah I do some of the maintenance myself if I have time. I do plan on doing some modifications on the car but at this point I haven't really thought about it, but you have some really good ideas and I will work on the list you gave me! I'm really happy that I found this page. You guys are all awesome

Archived