LegacyGT.com

THE 125K what's next saga?

That was meant as a sarcastic retort. No fact basis.

but it seems the previous owner may have been on the heavy side...and after 125k miles on it, it feels significantly different (more worn) than the passenger side.

seat is in great shape, not worried there. however should it fail I still have my full tan interior seats, from when I swapped to black leather.

no dead bugs, clean it out! that's just gross.

I would build the 5eat, no reason to swap to 6spd, not for this project.

id keep my climberD valve body and just build the guts, and do the diff bushings

shortblock build would be a simple DD friendly capable of say 500/500

id keep my 1.5xtr, add e85, and meth.

well F me, lol radiator just popped on 3 min drive home from work. Smelled coolant. Popped hood at home hairline crack in the plastic at upper hose connection.

I have an external trans cooler with thermostat, so i dont need a trans cooler in the radiator.

whats better, more recommened, Koyo or Mishimoto?

Radiator? 11 year old plastic getting all nice and brittle...

well F me, lol radiator just popped on 3 min drive home from work. Smelled coolant. Popped hood at home hairline crack in the plastic at upper hose connection.

I have an external trans cooler with thermostat, so i dont need a trans cooler in the radiator.

whats better, more recommened, Koyo or Mishimoto?

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sorry about your loss. Now move on.

with the derale t stat, the trans should still warm up the same, because fluid will bypass cooler until 180. I don't drive like a ass hat, so should be good. ordered new Koyo unit, no one make a aluminum unit for a 5eat,

New Koyo unit is in. had to trim one tab off the bottom for the passenger side fan, due to being a thicker unit core than factory, it pushes closer towards my header. didn't want any rubbing. Rad held about 1.75gallons, topped off Turbo tank, and overflow.

Tilted the passenger side up and got her hot for about 25-30min, fans cycled, heat was strong, let her keep bleeding until I had no bubbles for approx. 3-5 min

after cool down, and sitting overnight I checked her turbo tank, and Rad are full and perfect.

Should I replace both caps? Cheap insurance? gaskets looked good on them, no crust

going to bring some $ to Wicked Big Meet this year and just rape vendor specials on the smaller things like radiator caps, maybe a battery tie down mine is rusted. Nice oil fill cap, currently running amazon 3.99 special lol.

Also mid AR15 build so gotta share the shiny parts lol

I'm going with driver's side bottom seat heater FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol that died last year, I have the new heater pad to go in. Have not done it yet. Also have a Black carpet to swap out my nasty tan one. Going do that all the same time.

changed cabin filter the other day, goddamn 2 years was way to long!!

So due to the Koyorad being way thicker than stock, it moved my fan shroud closer to my manifold. turns out the lower plastic tab on the passanger shroud didn't like that and melted. had to clean it up trim it back then I lined the bottom of fan shroud with thermal reflective tape.

The Killer Bee style manifold swings out wide and runs almost parallel to radiator before turning and bending towards up pipe flange.

luckily I believe this was my smell, and my fear of heater core is at bay for now.

Would love to crack into your ecu!!

Let us know if you need any parts, more than glad to help. We won't be official at WBM but, our prices are usually spot on! And tunes!

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

will you be at WBM? I would love to have you check her out. I am very happy with Mikeys tune, but ya never know until you try lol. I know she can make more power just don't want to go boom.

Aside from the fan issue, did you have any issues with the Koyo and the RacerX FMIC? I thought I read on here that the driver's side pipes caused issues.

nope. no clearance issues with the charge pipes and radiator. not even close.

Archived