LegacyGT.com

Socal / South Bay meet up in May ( or early June)

rebourne

I'm letting my bosses know I need to leave at 5 on Saturday and I'll make sure to roll up around 530. I'm curious who all plans on still being there at 5:30? And are we still OK with bringing a friend? I had a buddy who I planned to invite ('14 WRX hatch) but I'll tell him not to drive out to Torrance if mostly everyone will be gone.

My guess on the turnout is way less than they can handle. Friends, girlfriends, wives and kids are welcome. My wife and kids will be there for a bit or so. They love it there.

Jonas, the (world champion) head brewer has a similar tuned wrx, so should be worth it to him just to talk cars and tuning over a good brew and grub, no? Yes.

I need to get my filthy car washed tomorrow!

Looks like turn out will be 8 ish or so. Not sure if there's any lurkers or last minute peeps, but you're totally welcome! Hoping everyone can make it out.

Any ideas on how to sort out translating forum names to real names/faces without resorting to name tags?

It definitely was a pleasure to meet everyone! Some clean rides that came out! We should totally keep this going! Thanks to Joe (Rebourne) for putting this together for us. Was super cool of Jonas to hook us up with some free beers too!

Sucks my car decided to go out minutes before heading out to the meet. Was literally idling in front of Jonny's house as he was pulling his wagon out of the garage....then the harmonic pulley gave out :(

We eventually towed it overnight to AQ Motorsports. Plan to get it back before the weekend.

http://i63.tinypic.com/25ytzxu.jpg

The rest of the crew are planning to head out to the lifestyle show off this saturday: http://awdsome.com/2016/05/17/lifestyle-show-off-subie-vs-mitsu/

Should totally try and make it out if you can. They always have a great turn out!

So it was a small turn out, but that was actually cool because you got to talk to everyone:

It'sDaniel

The Korean

Alex0856

Cruisemobile2

myself

Guest appearance by Speed Master Lee in the white n purple STI

and Chris brought a EJ20 powered GC that sounded great.

The WRX was the brewery manager's.

The beers were good, the grub was good. I believe several people got lit on fire by the "adult grilled cheese sandwich" special.

A few more cars next time would be cool.

Big thanks to ItsDaniel for hanging out for so long!

• 1 month later...

Oh man this is right in my hood too.:icon_sad: That's what I get for not checking the site. Haven't gone to a meet in ages, would've been nice to meet some of you Legacy owners.

#1: FREE BEER. Yes no kidding. See below for more details.

Hey guys, I've got a good spot for a meet up scoped out. The Strand Brewing in Torrance, CA http://www.strandbrewing.com/ . They've got a great parking set up, and the brewery manager is a Subie guy, '13 WRX with a Phatbotti E40 tune (aka half E85 tune). He says the first beer (each) is on him. See?! Free beer!

Let's do this quick, and easy; I'm picking a date, and let's see how that goes:

May 28th, the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend.

Start time 3pm.

End time 9pm = closing.

Saturday's they are open 12-9pm. Different food trucks are scheduled, and when they post the truck for that day I'll update.

They will reserve the back side parking lot just for us:

26164072010_8fd9c5d617_b.jpg

(this is an old pic before they took the space over, because the rectangle space in the red box is typically empty except for a few employee cars and the food truck. )

I'll PM some of the locals I know of on the board to make sure they see this thread, and please feel free to hit up any members local-ish that you can think of.

If that weekend is already booked up for too many, we can talk about 1 week before or after, in this thread. Sticking with the 28th.

Food "truck" is scheduled to be the Barley Hops Grill. http://www.yelp.com/biz/barley-hops-grill-torrance

Archived