LegacyGT.com

NE1 done a Remote start on a GT yet?

NYCdob

You can get it done at the dealer. Subaru has the Rally Starter. It will work with the AT. It's not cheap but works with our existing remotes and immobilizer.

Where can i find info on this?

not from subaru- aftermarket - i have a Hornet alarm with pager (made by DEI basically its a viper alarm with a dift name)

had to add a control module to bypass the "chip" in the key(need to leave 1 key in that box), then had to add some kinda relay to bypass the need to depress clutch to start.....(dont leave it in gear)

Thanks.. I had a Compustar in my previous car and a Clifford in my previous previous car.. I'd like to have a starter put in my LGT.

With the Immobilizer though, does that mean someone can drive off with your started car?

I have a full-meal-deal Compustar alarm/start (2-way LCD remote) on my manual GT. It works great. Nice and safe with no chances of mis-starting.

2W8000FMR.

Compustar is a very popular brand in Canada, thanks to its performance and great looking remotes.

Another vote for Compustar, had my current alarm on my manual 02 WRX and then had it switched to my 05 auto OBXT. The chipped key is no problem, you need to just add a module to the alarm with a key hidden in the car somewhere out of the way. I wound up cutting the head off of one of the keys and put it in the module. It then sends the chipped key signal through a wire and around the ignition (loop). No chance of starting the car w/o the key except when remote starting, factory immobilizer is retained.

Rick

I had the Clifford remote (made by Viper) on my previous (manual) car...I liked it...never falsed alarmed...about $5xx installed with autostart...I'd get it again (if I was sure I'd drive this car long enough..hehe, but I think I will...really like the overall feeling of this car..and when you floor it...damn...it goes!!!)
In Taiwan now...:spin:

• 4 weeks later...
I got one of the directed valet starters, mostly b/c it was cheap. Works fine for me. Not a ton of range, maybe 300', MAYBE 500' but I doubt it. Good enough for me, car is right in the driveway at home & right outside my office doors at work. Pretty conveinient though to have it all warmed up without having to walk outside & my undies & start it when it's 20 degrees out.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

:needpics:

Kyle

LOL. I can hook you up if you really wanna see that. I'm not ashamed. I'm all man baby!!!! :icon_tong

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

How did you get anyone to do install on the manual transmission, where I live it's illegal to have one installed on a manual transmission. So if you could give me some details I would really appreciate it alot, also I was wondering if your autostart had a turbo timer.

I have an automatic and i have no clue what a turbo timer is??? I'll see if I can get the card from my friend that gives everything thats included and get back to you!

How did you get anyone to do install on the manual transmission, where I live it's illegal to have one installed on a manual transmission. So if you could give me some details I would really appreciate it alot, also I was wondering if your autostart had a turbo timer.

Archived