LegacyGT.com

Torque Wrench

It's been a long time since I've been able to do any real work on my cars, and back then, I could always ask my father to bring his torque wrench home from work if I knew I would need it.

I seem to recall that back in the nineties, he was having a great deal of problems with the Snap On ones, but I don't recall if he had better results from Matco.

So, what brands of torque wrenches do you guys use? What brands would you not even want to use if someone paid you?

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Have a 1/2" Teng tools one and a 3/8" King Tony. Can't fault either so far. Do like the feel of the King Tony one a bit better, not a whole lot in it though, neither are old enough to really know how they will stand up in the long run.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

For Canadian readers the 1/2" Princess Auto torque wrench is a piece of shit. I used it once and it broke. I'd heard that Princess Auto hand tools were junk and this confirmed it. I'm certain the same tools are carried by US outlets under a different brand, but I don't want to name names in case I'm wrong.

Archived