LegacyGT.com

Move over $9,000,000 JDM AVO kit...$100 Bluetooth amp is here!

After very little thought, and 2 burnt out stock CD players. Ive decided to not spend upwards of $900 on the de-integrated climate control and fancy double din head unit, and just bought a $90 Bluetooth amp meant for boats or UTV's (which means now I can drive my car underwater and still listen to music) and installed it in my glove box. Probably an hours worth of work including the wiring and splicing. Really, it was cake. If you're like me and dont want to spend a gillian dollars on a music box, I suggest you look into this.

Step 1. Get on amazon and buy an amp. Mine is the Boss mc900b. Its $90, sounds just fine, its small and easy to use. But im sure any old amp will do.

Step 2. Buy a 14 pin subaru wiring harness, wire it in to the harness that comes with the amp.

Step 3. splice power, ground, ignition, illumination, and dimmer. And hook those into the corresponding pins where the 14 pin adapter used to hook up on the back of the CD player.

Step 4. Hide the amp in the glovebox nook and stick your remote somewhere.

Step 5. Have an emotional breakdown over how easy that was.

Step 6 pending. Add subwoofer.

I havent looked into this particular method, but looks similar to those who have installed a tablet instead of the navi unit, or parrot system in their car. for me personally, I'm not going to use bluetooth as a primary audio source due to SQ, so I went for the full jdm hvac option and aftermarket radio. this is a good idea for those who care less about SQ and just want the convenience of bluetooth in the car - thanks for the info.

I havent looked into this particular method, but looks similar to those who have installed a tablet instead of the navi unit, or parrot system in their car. for me personally, I'm not going to use bluetooth as a primary audio source due to SQ, so I went for the full jdm hvac option and aftermarket radio. this is a good idea for those who care less about SQ and just want the convenience of bluetooth in the car - thanks for the info.
The amp I have also has an Aux hookup as well as usb. But again sound quality from the Bluetooth is clean enough for me.

very cool. Is it possible to keep the factory HU functionality and use the BT amp using a line out converter?

You could just splice into the harness I'm sure, that way they are both hooked up to the speakers. I'm not an expert so if someone is chime in. Just don't run both at the same time.

You can also do this:

http://http://www.amazon.com/iClever-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Multi-Point-Activation/dp/B00GJFGE0K?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I got one and just keep it in the center console, plugged in all the time. works flawlessly and the sound quality is just great, especially with the stock speakers. Connects automatically, you can take phone calls on it, really slick.

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Archived