LegacyGT.com

Inlet hoses

Hello,

With the turbo hopefully coming out this coming weekend, and with numerous comments about the lifespan of the stock inlet, I've been thinking there would be no better time to replace the inlet than when the turbo is out.

So I looked up inlet hoses, and while "designed" for the LGT, they don't seem to have the same number of fittings, or the fittings are elsewhere as well as they seem to be missing the attachment point towards inlet end of the hose. The Cobb seems to have the same number of fittings, but one is located in a different area. I’m hoping to avoid adding couplings or tees to the existing system to add a fancy silicone hose. Anyway, discussions seem to indicate that they are either great and give you a few extra ponies, or they are a waste of money and don’t do anything that is worthwhile. If that’s the case, then...

If I cheap out and just get a Subaru/OEM there are two part numbers, which seem to be for the same application. Why does there always seem to be two identical parts with two different part numbers when ever I look for something at Subaru? In this case 14460AA220 and 14460AA290 with a couple of dollars as the only difference other than a different part description? I’ve contacted SubaruGenuineParts about this, hopefully they’ll get back to me soon.

So what seems to be the current consensus on inlet hoses?

Thanks!

SC

ps - Not looking to go Stage (Crazy) or anything like that, I would prefer the more reliable solution.

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Interestingly enough, SubaruGenuineParts says 14459AA340 is the part, but that's for 05 and 06...

@Max, both part numbers are compatible for 5AT, 5MT, and 6MT.

@HOYS, I'll check out that part.

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

Interestingly enough, SubaruGenuineParts says 14459AA340 is the part, but that's for 05 and 06...

@Max, both part numbers are compatible for 5AT, 5MT, and 6MT.

@HOYS, I'll check out that part.

SC

IMO unless your looking for big HP, in this case stay stock and stay happy. Call the local dealer and see if they'll help you out on pricing. Might also give you piece of mind knowing you got the right part the first time.

Or call the guy's at Heuberger from the Vendors link on the blue bar up top.

http://legacygt.com/index.php?page=vendors&

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 5 months later...

Archived