LegacyGT.com

Used 2009 LGT in Gaithersburg.

I'm curious if anyone knows the back story on this car. The dealer said it was traded with a cat less uppipe which they swapped for stock, but is still has a Cobb heat shield on it. Car drove great, but there are a few red flags for me. It has an oil leak near the DP/turbo but I couldn't pinpoint it. It smoked from the turbo side of the motor at stops and I saw some oil on the center of crossmember looking underneath also.

The biggest point of concern was the hood. The paint is damaged over where the turbo sits which makes me think it could be oil-starved and overheating.

No idea why the pics are flipped, when you click on them they're right.

2083540715_2016-04-1616_04.06-2.jpg.a3b633310268d222cddfb84f7049c1cc.jpg

1048205896_2016-04-1616_04.15-2.jpg.2ff1b60afafcfdf1389c63653b635646.jpg

07+ LGT had catless uppipe stock. Unless they mean it had an aftermarket uppipe, and hopefully they swapped in a catless oem one. That paint damage right above the turbo would be a big red flag for me. I've never seen that before, idk about anyone else. Could it be caused by a failed turbo? If so, and they replaced it, it could be a ticking time bomb.

I'm curious if anyone knows the back story on this car. The dealer said it was traded with a cat less uppipe which they swapped for stock, but is still has a Cobb heat shield on it. Car drove great, but there are a few red flags for me. It has an oil leak near the DP/turbo but I couldn't pinpoint it. It smoked from the turbo side of the motor at stops and I saw some oil on the center of crossmember looking underneath also.

The biggest point of concern was the hood. The paint is damaged over where the turbo sits which makes me think it could be oil-starved and overheating.

No idea why the pics are flipped, when you click on them they're right.

I wouldnt bother with it. Its a risk.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

These cars are known for the passenger side valve cover leaking and dripping on the exhaust.

The up pipe on that was catless from the factory as said above.

Yep, that heat damage is a big red flag. You need them to tell you why that happened and what was done to fix it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived