LegacyGT.com

any regrets?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My biggest regret is the stuttering....

No regrets at all!! Never had stuttering, ordered the Cobb AP before the car arrived,

installed it at 1,000+9/10's mi. I drove the STi, and as stated by others, was not looking for a performance sedan w/ rear horizontal stabilizer from a Cessna 180 protruding from the trunk. (Plus I have 2 kids and they did'nt like riding in the trunk.);)

**actually, there is one rattle in my E-brake, but I will fix.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

^^^ I was looking for both. I strongly believe that a car does not have to be all flashy to be a good performer. But it does need some good looks. I mainly bought it for the AWD system, the nice ammenities, the sporting look, the fact that you barely see another person driving one, which can be called exclusivity I guess, and yes the wonderful engine!

So yeah, I am a happy camper! Oh yeah and I think when you spend your own money on something it feels alittle more speacial, not saying that I would not take it if it was given free to me! :D

X

---

I actually traded in my 04 STI for the 05 GT. Kinda felt like I was leaving my youth on the dealer lot, but I knew exactly what could be done with the GT before I considered it.

The STI just didn't have the refinement I needed, it rattled ALL over, and someone had just bumped into it a week prior leaving red paint down the rear quarter. I talked to the dealer and they said it wasn't a problem to touch it up.

I also went into the dealer with the notion I was just gonna test drive the GT. This gave me so much barganing power they were practically begging me to trade it in at the end. I ended up talking them out of the STI wheels, with the new Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S tires I had just installed to keep for the LGT. I got to keep the LGT wheels to sell later to a friend for a winter set. The dealer installed a custom 2 color leather interior of my choosing (black and titanium inserts). Lastly they gave me over blue book for the STI and threw in the auto dimming mirror.

I was really floored to say the least. Now the wife will ride with me again too, instead of driving her Honda Accord everywhere.

Oh yeah, the STI was at home in the garage when I made this deal... site unseen. I swapped out the wheels that night when I drove the GT home. The STI sat on stands in the garage for 3 weeks while the dealership goofed around finding wheels for me to mount the factory STI tires on so I could bring it to them. Amazing how bad you can treat the clutch on a car that your driving for the last time..... ;)

I may be wrong, but when most of you bought your legacy, were you geared more towards the comfort and smoothness of the legacy rather than the performance aspect?

Size was why I got the Legacy.

Wife, Child, Dog, camping trips..

Impreza was too small to be the primary

hauler for my needs.

I may be wrong, but when most of you bought your legacy, were you geared more towards the comfort and smoothness of the legacy rather than the performance aspect?

Comfort, luxury, power, smoothness, and cheaper insurance. You have to sacrifice power to get the comfort and smoothness.

I had a WRX and it wasn't conducive to carrying my newborn son around. Now, my wife and I are about 3 days (give or take) from having our second child. I absolutely love my LGT. It is a WRX for us kids that have to grow up. Loved the WRX but I am not loooking back at all. The stereo replacement problem is annoying. Not that I am an audiophile but, I like to be able to listen to MP3s and improve the quality of the stock system a bit. The LGT is definitely a great sleeper car... It has taken many contenders by surprise. It needs a 6th gear. I have found myself going to shift to a higher gear when I am in 5th (as I would have in my old S4). I have the short shift kit and it makes a huge positive difference. I also had the shoort shift kit in my WRX. I don't like the frameless doors (the WRX had them too). People seem to think I have my bright lights on when they are actually not... Strange. Learning how to adapt my driving style to accomodate for the "stuttering" has been a bit annoying but I am past that now. Styling of the LGT is better than my WRX IMO.

My biggest regret is that the, studdering, stuttering, bumbling acceleration faltering problem would have occurred during my test drive, because, if it had, there would be an Infiniti G35 in my driveway right now.

thanks for the sp correction N4S

My biggest regret is that the, studdering, stuttering, bumbling acceleration faltering problem would have occurred during my test drive, because, if it had, there would be an Infinity G35 in my driveway right now.

I had the G35 sedan... No manual trans with the AWD = no go for me on the new model. I had the first year the G35 came out with an auto and RWD. It was OK but not fun like the LGT. The G (comparably equipped) is like $5 - $6k more than the LGT (I think). Take a few hundred dollars of that few thousand that you saved and buy the ECU tuning or piggyback computer thingy. I think that would fix the propensity for stuttering. I found that adjusting my driving style slightly has all but eliminated the hesitation / stuttering.

Who makes the "Infinity G35" anyway? J/K :)

I drove a '06 WRX wagon home before getting my LGT, and really enjoyed it. However, the back seat is just too small for my daughter (5 yrs old) much less a full size adult. I still drool a little bit over the STi's, but for the $10k difference I would have had to pay for a new '06 STi over my new '05 LGT... well, you get the idea.

I do plan to go to a Stage II piece by piece over the next year or so. Can't do it all at once, or the wife will get suspicious. Before I do that, though, I may have to do something about those wonderful OEM Bridgestones.

My only real regret is not driving a LGT before I bought my '04 Audi A6 2.7T S-Line. Had I driven the Subaru, I would have bought it instead of taking a $3500 hickey (negative equity) when I traded my Audi in a year later!

Only regret for me is the air conditioning. I don't know if I've ever been in a car whose air conditioning was so poor. At times I won't feel any cool air until the car's been driven for an hour or so. I've been meaning to have the dealership take a look at it, but I haven't had the chance. Is no one else having this problem? I know I live in So Cal and we've been having a crazy heat wave lately (90+ at the beach) but a new car should be kicking cold air despite the outside temp.

I have an AP and actually, I'm fairly good at handling a manual transmission. But thanks for the advice;)

The fact is, the stuttering is a design defect that shouldn't be present on a $25k+ car (or any car, for that matter).

Didn't mean to re-direct this thread, but that's my opinion. If I had it to do over again, I would seriously consider the WRX.

My WRX did it too - worse than the LGT.

Unfortunately, my dealer has been less than supportive and is taking over a week to fix what they claim to be a "simple problem."

SoA is no big help either, and didn't want to assist me with acquiring a loaner or locating the part, and trying to get it to the dealer quicker.

If I knew this was going to happen, I would have bought a Honda or Toyota instead.

The Legacy is a better performer than the Camry/Accord, but what good is that when I can't even drive the car?

Only regret for me is the air conditioning. I don't know if I've ever been in a car whose air conditioning was so poor. At times I won't feel any cool air until the car's been driven for an hour or so. I've been meaning to have the dealership take a look at it, but I haven't had the chance. Is no one else having this problem? I know I live in So Cal and we've been having a crazy heat wave lately (90+ at the beach) but a new car should be kicking cold air despite the outside temp.

I've noticed the AC is not quite up to par as well. It seems to blow cold air a little too infrequently.

Archived