LegacyGT.com

2013 Legacy 2.5 Limited OEM Wheels difference

A few days ago I swerved to avoid getting side swiped and rolled off of a curb with my drivers front tire/wheel.

Just some curb rash but I keep my car mint, and hitting a curb is MUCH easier than getting hit by a car!

So I went to Ebay and found an OEM wheel that was brand new and NOT REMAN/touched up. I wanted OEM, not a repaired wheel.

The wheel arrives and it is the same style but painted silver and NOT the machined look that I have.

After learning the hard way, I went on a Subaru parts site and discovered that there are actually 2 different part #s.

28111AJ15A

wheel, alloy Legacy, 17x7.5 silver

and

Part Number: 28111AJ16A

wheel, alloy Legacy, 17x7.5 chrome

I guess I have the chrome.

This is the first I have seen this. I thought I was up on all options for this car.

Does anyone know which cars have the silver vs the chrome?

Now I am very suspicious of trying to locate the chrome wheel, even by part#, and it seems that the part numbers may be used interchangeably.

Anybody want to sell me a stock OEM wheel, or have a recommendation on where I can buy one that isn't reconditioned?

thanks!

Tristan

Subaru Parts wheel part number.pdf

A few days ago I swerved to avoid getting side swiped and rolled off of a curb with my drivers front tire/wheel.

Just some curb rash but I keep my car mint, and hitting a curb is MUCH easier than getting hit by a car!

So I went to Ebay and found an OEM wheel that was brand new and NOT REMAN/touched up. I wanted OEM, not a repaired wheel.

The wheel arrives and it is the same style but painted silver and NOT the machined look that I have.

After learning the hard way, I went on a Subaru parts site and discovered that there are actually 2 different part #s.

28111AJ15A

wheel, alloy Legacy, 17x7.5 silver

and

Part Number: 28111AJ16A

wheel, alloy Legacy, 17x7.5 chrome

I guess I have the chrome.

This is the first I have seen this. I thought I was up on all options for this car.

Does anyone know which cars have the silver vs the chrome?

I always assume the '13 & '14 17" wheels were the same across the board. Cars101 doesn't mention any differences, but maybe it was overlooked.

I would guess that the paint wheels were on the premium, the polished ones on limited. If it isn't raining at lunch I will take a stroll through my work parking lot to look at different 13/14's to see if that seem to be the trend. My work usually has 10-15 in the parking lot.

Archived