LegacyGT.com

Rear Cup Holder Floppy

I there supposed to be a spring or other tension type device to make the rear center console cup holder stay and in place? Mine flops back and forth between up and half down all the time and it is annoying. If pushed to the the full down position it has another plastic tension of some sort to make it stay down. I'd like it to stay firmly up but something is awry with it.

20160413_204706.thumb.jpg.1b21df6682e6728dee6ea7f2447da83d.jpg

That panel right above it keeps falling out on my wagon. Someday I tape it back on. Its only been doing it for about 6 years...I get around to it some day.

May be fold up some black tape and stuff it in the side to hold it closed.

Do people ride back there and use it ?

I don't think anyone's sat in my back seat in 10 years or so in that car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I bought a replacement off of Amazon. It was like $60. The little springs and plastic anchors got broken off the original one.

EDIT: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SUBARU-OUTBACK-CONSOLE-CUPHOLDER-2005-2009/dp/B0065JB9HS/]Amazon.com: SUBARU LEGACY OUTBACK CONSOLE REAR CUPHOLDER BLACK 2005-2009: Automotive[/ame]

Yes, the rear seat does get used often - for coworkers when we are headed to lunch. The cup holder is rarely used. trying to figure out how to make it stay up properly so it does not get stepped on and busted off. I did not know the plate above the holder is removable. Are the mounting screws for the cupholder assembly behind here? Cannot see any obvious screws elsewhere for this.

Yes, the rear seat does get used often - for coworkers when we are headed to lunch. The cup holder is rarely used. trying to figure out how to make it stay up properly so it does not get stepped on and busted off. I did not know the plate above the holder is removable. Are the mounting screws for the cupholder assembly behind here? Cannot see any obvious screws elsewhere for this.

make sure the cup holder arms are folding the right way. its like a small puzzle. if its not staying up...haha...then make sure the spring is fully installed. ive had my whole assembly pop out before and its easy to reinstall.

unless something is broken you just have to reinstall it.

Archived