LegacyGT.com

New owner, familiar Legacy GT.

Just for some input, this is what happened to my 4th gen when I got metal shavings in it from failed ring lands and bearings. Now I'm doing a full rebuild.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/9335ca0f23c71c75aca236e2108c0ec0.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160426/21569eb1be546a3bf2171982fe4c5cc8.jpg

It's not a very fun time for my bank account, but if you lol at it this way, I'm practically getting a new car out of it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just for some input, this is what happened to my 4th gen when I got metal shavings in it from failed ring lands and bearings. Now I'm doing a full rebuild.
^^Oiy vey, I did not want to read this. More so because 09 B. Why and how many miles when the SHTF?

^^Oiy vey, I did not want to read this. More so because 09 B. Why and how many miles when the SHTF?

Me thinks you worry to much. You'll be fine. I seem to recall your not on the stock map right ?

;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That would be good to know. I know my Spec B came with Cobb AP when I bought the car in Mar 2011, it had 22,800 miles on it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
I see you just put this up for sale on Craigslist. I'm sorry to see it was only a ~2 month ownership for you, and hopefully next time you'll have better luck! High mileage LGTs are usually basketcases.

I see you just put this up for sale on Craigslist. I'm sorry to see it was only a ~2 month ownership for you, and hopefully next time you'll have better luck! High mileage LGTs are usually basketcases.

Yeah as simple as a rebuild looks, it's been one of the most stressful things I have went though.

I hate to say it but most of us know the snowball effect with these cars pretty well. Its a love-hate.

You cant just throw a new turbo on these after a failure and call it good. You'll find tons of these things on craigslist with descriptions like this "recent oil change, recent timing belt, NEW TURBO 500 miles ago, decent tires"

That's a red flag. New turbo usually means put a motor in it in the near future.

Yeah, I mean I'm just sitting on the car right now. Runs awesome, just don't want to risk a rebuild. I have the money, that just isn't what I want to spend it on.

I can't drive the car until late summer regardless, so I figured I'd at least list it. The car in general is a great piece...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Archived