LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT compared to 2006 Mustang GT

I just test drove a new Mustang GT rag top, and I liked it. That being said, the hood made driving it feel like you were driving a tank/bus. It didnt feel as tossible as my LGT, which is kinda funny, RWD "sports car" compared to a mere station wagon. It seemed like the ideal cruiser, esp with Leather and a 1000 watt sound system. Plus the V8 had torque everywhere and sounded nice (not as good as the 6.0 liter LS2 in the GTO though!). Also, the car pulls, but not nearly as much as a new GTO. Overall I think the LGT is more fun to toss around, while the Stang is for dragging and cruising.

Not to mention a Stage I Leggy is just as quick:) My best buddy has one, I know;) Although he now has a Vortech intercooled supercharger on it :eek:

Even with my mods after 40-45 it's over....WAY over:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I drove the 05 stang before choosing the LGT , basically back to back. Stang felt a bit more powerful but not much, altho I didnt get to wring it out. The LGT is much more sophisticated and honestly feels pretty much as torquey. But I cant say I wouldnt like to have a vortech 05 stang sitting in my garage for sunny sundays when you get the smokey burnout bug :)

Yeah, I know the GTO has a 100/100 hp/tq advantage :p

What matters the most to me is the feeling, not the numbers, i.e. getting pushed back into your seat *coolest automotive sensation, with engine/exhaust note coming in 2nd :p* Still, leather + drop top + shaker sound system 500/1000 watt + mean ass sound and look = a very nice ride. Anyone who bashes/ford and the mustang really should give one a drive, it really is a nice car, if not (and not trying to be) a "real" performance car.

And yeah, the engine was certainly not lifeless under 2500-3000 rpm as a certain scooby we know and love, but the transition (since there really was none in the stang) didnt feel as cool as hitting boost. The GTO on the other hand (not driven, but got a ride in a 6.0, really pushed you back) Then again, if you supercharged that sucker, I bet a Vortech would be sweet. Theres a Saleen S281-E Supercharged 2005 at my school, like 400hp or somethinng; I bet its pretty fast.

Next car:

Top Choice: 2006 STi

2nd: 2006 Mustang GT Convertible

3rd: Mitsu Evo IX (cant get side airbags = WHY?!)

4th: Pontiac GTO (again cant get side airbags, but the aussies dont care if a kangaroo hops into the side of your Monaro; while its bad its not as bad as mitsu not putting them in any Evo)

It really is a great time to be a car enthusiast :) And unlke other forums, its cool people can be enthusiastic about all cars, and not just focus on whatever negative aspects of the other car there is to make themselves (i guess..) feel better about their car.

i haven't driven the gt, but the base mustang doesn't have anything like a nice engine. and you're right, the hood is too high and bubbled to get an idea of where the front of the car is. i don't like the looks close up, although it looks kinda cool from far away.

one cool feature in the mustang is the ability to change the lighting scheme ... that's sweet.

Yeah we drove a V6 a while ago and it was lifeless, I mean, for a car nut :p Fine for most people who get mustangs who wont be car people, but not f-u-n.

Yeah, the Mitsu Concept X looks really really cool IMO, but it doesnt have a sport compact look, it has a "future car" look. As we go into the "future" lol, I know cars will become like this like the Evo X and the 07/08 STi.

Archived