LegacyGT.com

Bulk Harness

NEED HELP! hey guys i've got a question. I am currently switching the harness in my 98 lgt from a merged wrx harness to the stock harness. now i went to the Junkyard and got a harness from same model lgt and there is one plug different and its the plug that is in the passengers side kick. if you pull the panel you see 2 plugs. Black and white, so on the car the black and white plugs are there on the the harness i got from the junk yard there are 2 white plugs. one plugs in correctly to the white one and the other plug is completely different from the black plug. What i'm wondering is if i just get the back half harness to the junk yard car would it be different/would there be issues just putting that one in? if not i need your help lol. almost temped to put the wrx merged harness back in a get a wrx motor. This is my first legacy but i have owned several impreza's.

• 5 weeks later...
Update. The result of the plug being different to the rear harness half is that there is no EVAP system on the 97 that i got the parts from. that being said i had to get the whole rear harness and fuel pump harness from the 97. Everything is now plugged in and currently reran through the car although another question is. Is there anywhere anyone might know that i could find a diagram or schematic of all the plugs behind the dash of the 97 and 98 model legacy gts. As i am hooking the wires up behind the dash there are just a few that i do not have a place to plug them nor can i find a place to plug them nor do i remember where they were pluged in lol. please let me know asap. thank you guys.

i think your problem could be that if you used a 97 wiring for a 98 they may not match up. the 98-99 legacy had some changes with a few things i have noticed after owning a 97 and a 99. a lot of the electrical connections are different and could make things a bit difficult to swap. i also own a 96 legacy outback that was manual swapped by the previous owner and it sounds like the same connector didnt match up. i havent touched that one yet but i will after i finish my 97. but i did notice after pulling the wiring out of my 97 parts car that that clip went to the the doors and possibly to the fueling but i cant remember. i know the rear doors and hatch do not lock electronically on my 96 and that could very well be your case if it is the same clip on my 96.

And Mr GT. Yeah I think you may be right. About all that. I still am not sure why the doors wouldn't lock. All the electrical under the dash is all plugged in where it needs to go. Now my bigger problem I ran into is that the wiring harness for the 2.2 engine in my 2000 impreza that's going into this legacy is a lot different. So I also go the engine harness. Yeah those plugs don't line up neither.

Archived