LegacyGT.com

turbo inlet worm clamp

• 2 weeks later...

Rip off that little plastic flap on the TB coupler also, and tbolt yes. Worm clamps loosten overtime, and only apply actual pressure (clampage) on one spot, where a tbolt spreads it out more.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rip off that little plastic flap on the TB coupler also, and tbolt yes. Worm clamps loosten overtime, and only apply actual pressure (clampage) on one spot, where a tbolt spreads it out more.

-Brian

i have an avo tb coupler already installed.

will look into t-bolt with the rebuild.

ya i had mine break on me too. i got a 3.5 inch clamp from lowes when i did my mishimoto intake hose... i couldnt find anyone locally that had a tbolt.

Napa should carry some tbolts in stock.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FWIW, I found the T bolt clamps I ordered from a Speed Shop were to big (wide and high) to fit on the TB hose and tmic.

So make sure you get ones that will fit.

My wagon is at TA currently, or I'd check and see if I used those T bolt clamps on the GS tmic install.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived