LegacyGT.com

First Post!

Hey guys, new here, so I hope this is in the right section! I'm looking to pick up a LGT as a daily driver and want some input on reliability.

The specific car in question is this one:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ctd/5511888950.html

It's got a brand new engine from Subaru, head gaskets, timing belt/water pump/tensioners, and turbo. I drove it and didn't notice any strange noises or hesitations.

How do the transmissions hold up over time? I don't plan to modify it, but I can't speak for the previous owner(s).

Also, how does the price look? Salesman came down to $13K but haven't haggled much more yet.

Thank you for any and all input and, if all goes well, hopefully I will pick it up later this week :spin:

I've seen some go lower then that around 7k with rebuilt engines and new shortblocks, but that is in CT. Transmissions hold ok, but start slipping after a while and need to be replaced. I'm at 139k on transmission and everything is ok so far and I've been running a bnr16g and launched it a few times.

Offer less than 10k. Leave room to come up when they counter offer.

You're right. I usually buy my cars private party so haggling with a dealership, albeit a small one, is new territory for me. They seemed pretty firm on price but it's not likely to move anytime soon at the listed price.

Looks like a nice car. I'd highly recommend you have a trusted shop do a pre-purchase inspection.

I know a guy that used to work at RS Motors, a reputable Subaru shop here in MN who would be looking at it before I move forward.

When haggling with car salespeople plan out all your reasons for why the car should be cheaper ahead of time. Sounds silly but rehearse it if you need to.

Never take the first offer even if it's withing your budget, they can always go lower.

Don't let emotion get involved, set a limit in your head and don't exceed it.

Tried talking him down today and he seems set on the 13k number. After talking with him I sent him an email with 3 listings in other states of cars with similar miles and work done, all at or below 10k. We'll see what happens!

I paid that for my 07 but it only had 53k miles and no swapped engine or any issues. Also had an exhaust already. I just hit 120k miles on mine today with solid performance. They might not budge very much on the price but hey its worth a shot! Best of luck!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived