LegacyGT.com

06 LGT Clutch Assembly Issue

Okay so some back story, about 2 weeks ago, I bought a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT 127k miles

in a very nice blue color very Beamer-esque but a Subaru, I love it.

Unfortunately about 3 days after buying it. My car quit wanting to go into gear, I researched and replaced the Clutch slave cylinder.

It drove for about an hour and then quit going into gear, I bled the clutch for about 4 hours in a parking lot, to no avail.

Towed to the local 'Import Shop' to bleed the clutch, they said the hydraulics are in perfect working order,

that they even over extend slightly, but the pedal still stays to the floor

and that something in the clutch assembly is the issue.

Expected labor costs 450-800. And that's him doing a few other maintenance things and installing a catless UpPipe(still undecided on brand)

Tells me to bring him parts and he'll get to work.

My question to you guys, what parts should I buy for him to put in there? A clutch kit? It seemed like my clutch was grabbing fine,

but if he gets in there, it would suck if i didn't buy a clutch and mine was worn down pretty good and I didn't replace it while he was in there.

Thoughts?

If your "hydraulics are fine" but you're not getting any pedal pressure, and you didn't hear any awful noises (i.e. your throw-out bearing or pressure plate destroying itself), then I really don't buy that your hydraulics are fine.

I'd double check that your master and slave cylinder are properly bled... Look at the slave cylinder (have a helper push the clutch pedal in/out while you look under the hood) and make sure that it's being actuated properly. Pull the slave cylinder off the transmission and see if your engagement fork (the one the slave cylinder pushes/pulls on) is hard/impossible to actuate by hand.

They used a machine to bleed it. I was driving and heard nothing. I dont wanna pay out the ass cause they dont know what they're doing. When i was messing with it, the engagement fork took some force to move. I went and felt it at the shop and it felt like it had a bit of pressure at the end of it but nothing to write home about. i watched the slave cylinder push on the fork for about 4 hours while I bled it. I got it to pressurize once. But didnt go into gear, when i put it all back together and started it back up.

Archived