LegacyGT.com

interference, or non-interference

hey all, before anyone says anything, ive searched and found answers, just not the answer im looking for. i have an ej22 and im trying to find out if i have interference of non-interference engine. my question is, what physical differences are there between the interference and non-interference ej22s? thanks

Your reading in your search was incomplete.

All EJ22 engines from 1997 on are interference.

Redesigned pistons.

O.

yeah thats what i found. minus the whole piston thing. any physical differences of the piston face?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the later EJ22s have a different head and a different style valve cover then the early ones. The early 2.2 had the spark plug hole above the valve cover while the later ones had the spark plug going through the valve cover in the same style as the 2.5

on the pass. side of the block near the stud hole there is a flat surface with the vin on it. Clean it. The 10th digit is for the year. S=95, T=96,V=97 and so on.

Unless it has been changed, you can also look under the oil fill cap. It has a mfg year. It will coincide.

O.

on the pass. side of the block near the stud hole there is a flat surface with the vin on it. Clean it. The 10th digit is for the year. S=95, T=96,V=97 and so on.

Unless it has been changed, you can also look under the oil fill cap. It has a mfg year. It will coincide.

O.

i always get confused, is it 10th from the left or right?

in the 90s,

it is the letter to the right of the middle.

10th? or 11th? from the beginning.left.

starting in 01 it became a number, 1 = 01, 2 = 02......

starting in 2010 it became a letter again.

Archived