LegacyGT.com

2015 WRX Clutch issue (same tranny as 5th Gen)

amidroc's clutch is definitely heavier than mine, and as far as we know, his clutch is stock. Why two stock clutches would feel that different, I have no idea.

I remember that JJBerk's clutch was always heavy too (she bought her car with 12k miles on it), and when she had it replaced before she sold the car (approx 60k miles), I remember her being amazed how light the new one felt.

i haven't felt amidroc's clutch but i have felt scoobyru's. his clutch is way lighter than mine almost strangely light i wouldn't consider my clutch heavy in any way but there is definitely a lot of variance in clutch weight from the factory. now what causes it IDK <==useless post

I asked this question on one of the 2015 WRX owners facebook groups and a guy said he had the same issue, he was stg 2+ and they fixed it under warranty no issue. instead of telling me what his problem was, I got lambasted for not helping others out and telling them what dealer it was that I dealt with. Oh well :lol: This is what I hate about the WRX community, it's a constant pissing match over who's tuner is the best or what oil they use and how it's better. I do really miss this part of the legacy community where everyone helped each other out and respected one another's opinion on those things. I appreciate everyone's help here so far on this issue, I'll keep you informed if I learn what it is or what SOA's take on the situation will be.

what issue did this guy have. if it is the same issue, then you know the fix.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• I Donated

Pressure plate, most likely. My parents' 2010 Outback had a very stiff clutch after it was replaced at 54k. The dealer replaced the clutch again under warranty and it was much better.

How many miles on your WRX? My guess is if it's less than 24k, Subaru will replace under warranty. Many others on the 2015+ WRX/STI Facebook group have been able to get theirs replaced.

I would hit the facebook page up and see what is the consensus there and if they have the documentation provided by the dealer as to the exact reason for warranty replacement. If nothing else it could provide you with some leverage if you really want to press the issue with legal counsel. Are there no lawyers on this forum? Lol!

what issue did this guy have. if it is the same issue, then you know the fix.

He would rather bitch at me for not saying what dealer it was than tell me what was wrong :lol: i'm at 23k miles so i'm just at that point where subaru may or may not do something for me

I have a 2010 LGT and have a very heavy clutch pedal.

My '10 LGT has a very heavy clutch as well. I bought it brand new and it's been that way since day one. It's many, many times heavier than my friend's 2016 STI. I'd venture to say 4-5x heavier.

As "thefultonhow" said it's all in the pressure plate, the springs are actually the culprit. As they wear it typically makes the clutch heavier and on most are non changeable. However some diesel truck performance clutches come with 3 sets of springs for "tuning" the stiffness of the pressure plate, also motorcycle clutches have extra springs or separate spring kits. And of course there is some adjustment without changing springs too.

http://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/MechTech/Automotive01/Automo76.jpg

Archived