LegacyGT.com

5x114.3 conversion

5x114.3 for better wheel options. u really can't find anything wider than 9" in 5x100 and only reason we have 9" wide now is due to frs/brz production and companies finally seeing the market.

i currently already have a great brake setup, coilovers and wheels so it doesn't really pertain to me. i just know some people were looking to try n find a way to go 5x114.3 so i thought id share.

Uhh..yeah...OK

I can't help my (pre-2007) honda fanboi-ism.

5x114 is where it's at for wheel selection, especially if you want to run something OEM from a different car. But you can certainly do worse than 5x100. You could be 4x114, which is used on all of 7 different vehicles.

I can't help my (pre-2007) honda fanboi-ism.

5x114 is where it's at for wheel selection, especially if you want to run something OEM from a different car. But you can certainly do worse than 5x100. You could be 4x114, which is used on all of 7 different vehicles.

rpf1 17x9 15.65 lbs 5x100

sadly they didnt have 9's when i got the 17x8's.

or are people thinking ricer stretch?

5x114.3 for better wheel options. u really can't find anything wider than 9" in 5x100 and only reason we have 9" wide now is due to frs/brz production and companies finally seeing the market.

i currently already have a great brake setup, coilovers and wheels so it doesn't really pertain to me. i just know some people were looking to try n find a way to go 5x114.3 so i thought id share.

i think some people believe sti is the end of all things. they assume sti has 5x114 so it must be the best.

most people here dont even run 245 width tires. why would they need 10's for a 235 and below?

because ricecar?

i think some people believe sti is the end of all things. they assume sti has 5x114 so it must be the best.

most people here dont even run 245 width tires. why would they need 10's for a 235 and below?

because ricecar?

I like running OEM wheels on lightly modified cars, there are a bunch of nice 5x114's that I like (including newer wrx/sti wheels). Tire stretch is stupid.

There are plenty of 5x100 choices, you just have to look. An 18x8 with a 225/40/18) tire fills the wheel well nicely.

235/40R18's really fill the wheel wells. Just make sure you're using the correct numbers when calculating the offset, otherwise you'll be doing some significant fender rolling like I am if it's warm enough tomorrow. Next set of tires will probably be 225's, but I can't complain too much because I got the wheels with brand new tires for less than the price of the tires alone.

TL;DR: +38 was probably too much. Was used to my hondas where +42 wasn't a big deal at all.

#AccidentalStance

Archived