LegacyGT.com

Retrofit power outlet to the back of Legacy wagon?

bemani

[quote name='sdgarber']I know the Legacy wagon comes with an accessory power outlet in the trunk area. I don't believe this is offered on the sedan, but I am not certain about that. :)[/quote] Yeah, I'm pretty sure the sedans come with the one outlet in the front only.

[quote name='sdgarber']I know the Legacy wagon comes with an accessory power outlet in the trunk area. I don't believe this is offered on the sedan, but I am not certain about that. :)[/quote] I couldn't find one when I test drove it. Is it in yours? -NP

No, the Legacy wagon does not have the rear power outlet (cheap bastards) but it does have a blank covering where it would go. I wouldn't be surprised if the wiring harness to connect it in is back there as well. I might try to pull the panel and see sometime.

Yes, I agree, that's what makes them Cheap Bastards (TM) My conspiracy theory is that Subaru America wanted to make sure that the Outback was the top of the line model, so they deleted things like this, and the Homelink, and the traction control, and MP3 stereo, and moonroof tilt control, and...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
I noticed this thread is a couple of years old but I wonder if someone could tell me if they now include a power outlet in the left cubbie in the cargo area? The Owner's manual says Yes but when I went to used it today...not there not even the wiring. I thought this was standard.

Here's a thread with all of the Subaru part numbers, etc to install the power outlet in one of the available pocket mounting locations: [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9097&highlight=trailer+harness[/url] I did this install on my 05 wagon and it turned out fine, works great! Hardest part was finding/pulling down the wiring harness behind the pocket to attach the 12V connector to.

[quote name='Ken']No, the Legacy wagon does not have the rear power outlet (cheap bastards) but it does have a blank covering where it would go. I wouldn't be surprised if the wiring harness to connect it in is back there as well. I might try to pull the panel and see sometime.[/quote] [URL]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9097&highlight=trailer+hitch+connector[/URL]

[quote name='rubberman']Here's a thread with all of the Subaru part numbers, etc to install the power outlet in one of the available pocket mounting locations: [url]http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9097&highlight=trailer+harness[/url] [/quote] I wonder if you could substitute the really nice marine-grade outlet I just linked ([url]http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=265-274[/url]) ? Cheaper and way nicer. THIS LINK AS PASTED DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK, BUT THE ONE IN MY EARLIER POSTING DOES.

Thanks for the heads up...I contacted my Service Manager...a really solid guy and very client centred fellow...and pointed out that the Owners mannual says it should be there..."There is no SCI documentation to state whether or not it should be there or not"...So he has order the part..for my next service...so we will see who will pay....me or Subaru Canada.

PS. Brian...I looked at your posting to put it in...and the Dealership has to replace some of the trip panels where the cargo cover goes...they were all scratched up at delievery so he is replacing them...so it won't be hard to find the connector. Thanks again.

• 4 years later...
Bump from the dead. Does anyone know if an 06' sedan would have the appropriate wiring in the back to plug and play the Subaru parts for a rear power outlet? Or is the sedan wiring completely different?

Archived