LegacyGT.com

JDM Spec B suspension

I found a set of JDM Spec B struts and spring package off of eBay. Description says that they have low miles but they look pretty scratched up and dirty. They even come with the top hats and are being sold for $400. Anyone have advice on if I should pick them up. I don't if it would be better to just buy a set of new Bilstein sports over these. I would save a lot of money buying these but I don't want them to break if they are damaged

Buying used parts is always a gamble, especially on eBay. If the shocks are blown you can always have them rebuilt. If you think they are damaged and the seller is claiming they are in good condition, you should be able to send them back. The importers generally don't import junk though.

• 3 weeks later...
Buying used parts is always a gamble, especially on eBay. If the shocks are blown you can always have them rebuilt...

I am interested in getting mine rebuilt. Any ideas on how to go about doing this? Do I just contact Bilstein? What's the turn around time?

I have my struts/springs/tophats from my 07 Spec B that I'm selling for $400 if you are interested and hesitant about the ebay stuff. More than happy to send you any pics and info.

If original deal falls through I won't mind taking you up on it.

Any idea if Bilstein will revalve stock specB struts to HD valving?

I'd assume it's very possible, since most (all?) bilstein's are pretty much built the same way.

Archived