LegacyGT.com

help with cobb

ej25gt5eat

I am almost done my car. I will be putting the motor in next Saturday. I have a Cobb v3. I have a 2008 lgt. I am going to run vf46 with stock injectors unless you guys think I should go bigger injectors I will order them tonight. I did the tgv deletes. I have a Cobb intake , up pipe , turbo back exhaust and a large top mount. Now for boost I was hoping to run Around 22psi. Or what ever the max out of the vf46. Now with the Cobb v3 can I use a Mbc or will I need a electrical boost controller. Now if I do a street tune or a e file tune should I buy a wide band? And if anyone is in se pa that can help me that would be great. I worked for Subaru for years I can rebuild anything. If someone can help me with this I can do a trans for them or help them with anything. I have most of the special tool for the 5 speed rebuild. I just would like to set the Cobb up. This is my second lgt. My first one I got rid of cause I couldn't afford it cause I ended up getting cancer twice now I am clear and super excited about this one. So any advice would be much appreciated .

Stock injectors should be fine on a stock VF46. I imagine you'll have trouble hitting 22psi with a stock boost controller, you might want to upgrade to an EBCS. For reference, I have a JmP Custom VF46, and my tune targets around 19psi with a GS EBCS, using max wastegate duties of around 70-75% on the stock wastegate spring.

I assume you're planning on getting an actual tune done, and not using a Cobb OTS tune? You should not be running an intake without getting a proper tune, and until you do, I'd stay out of boost. You can likely get an e-tune done from a decent tuner without a wideband, but getting a wideband will speed up and improve the process, for sure.

Plenty of e-tuners on the forum here. I'll go ahead and jump in before Max Capacity does (:lol:) and recommend Tuning Alliance for your tuning needs.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last update, I was busy building and testing before I got enough data to post it up.

I built a 3" cold air intake to see if power and gas mileage would be improved. I used a spare stock maf housing and shaved it down to be able to use inline with a 3" pipe and flow stack.

At first I ran it as a warm air intake and made tune adjustments based on that. As expected engine leaned out and overboosted, had to increase MAF scale by 25% and reduce Wastegate duty cycle tables by 8% to get it back inline with stock AFR's, Timing, and boost levels.

Archived