LegacyGT.com

Rotomaster turbo?

I'm Looking to buy a replacement turbo for my 06 LGT. Its starting to make noise and that scares me. I'm also replacing the banjo bolt and a new up pipe. I'm on a budget unfortunately, so I've been looking at rotomaster turbos. There website gives very limited info on what the turbo include or what the condition is. There customer support says both of the turbos listen are complete assembly's. I've contacted rotomaster also and they say the part numbers ending in "N" are new and "R" is re manufactured.

Heres a pictures of the website. Im very confused with this part . As you can see both have a N at the end and theirs a core charge on the one with both R and N. I've tried emailing them again but no reply. If anyone has any kind of idea which is the better of the two I would be most helpful.

Thanks

https://i.imgsafe.org/6cdd464.png

• I Donated Too

STOP!

Time to check yourself before you wreck...

Contact JMP immediately and he will sort you out and stay in your budget. Don't drive that car with funky noises, don't start shoving in Rotomasters... good lord. It will end badly.

JmP6889928 Is a VERY trusted guy around here and has helped a lot of people with their turbos... http://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=10316

:whore:you may also be inclined to drop the DP and confirm how bad the shaft play is ( man that just doesn't sound right! lol). seriously though, you want to make sure that the turbine hasn't come into contact with housing. check for bent or broken fins ,and check to see if the housing has been grooved on either side, that would not be good.like sigmafour said, Stop driving the damn car until you get it sorted out for sure.

Thanks for the reply

I've been searching all over on the best course of action for like a month and I've tried asking around on here but its hard to find non out dated posts and people who will give you info you actually need.

Because of my job I really can't be without my car, so that's why I was going to find the easiest and cheapest for the time being until I can rebuilt my original. I figured it would do the job but I guess they are just junky.

And for my car the sound i'm worried about is when i'm accelerating everything's normal but right as i start to get to 3 grand in the revs the turbo (or something on that side of the car) becomes audible and its like a loud wooshing noise. Its been slowly getting worse and i've noticed i'm down on power also. Ive checked for leaks and i've tried to check for play but its proven hard to remove the DP. My thought are might as well have a replacement so I can just swap it all out at once.

Thanks for the replies BTW

And for my car the sound i'm worried about is when i'm accelerating everything's normal but right as i start to get to 3 grand in the revs the turbo (or something on that side of the car) becomes audible and its like a loud wooshing noise. Its been slowly getting worse and i've noticed i'm down on power also. Ive checked for leaks and i've tried to check for play but its proven hard to remove the DP. My thought are might as well have a replacement so I can just swap it all out at once.

Thanks for the replies BTW

I'm going to echo everyone else's advice to STOP DRIVING THE CAR IMMEDIATELY.

Please take it from those of us here who have had to make very costly repairs because we've tried to save a few bucks and do it right the first time.

Either contact a reputable subaru shop and tow it in or buy high quality parts which you think are the ones you need and don't skimp out. If you do, the ej will make you pay for it later.

Alright ill keep saving for better parts, I appreciate the warning I will heed them. Today Ill do another once over for any leaking hose clamps or loose fittings. Could you guys recommend dealers that are trusted? I got in touch with Jmp so i will see where that leads.

We gather the car is stock ?

You'll want to have a boost leak test done to see if your tmic is leaking.

Plug the hose off the air filter box with a pint size paint can. Pull the small hose off the blow off valve on the tmic, give that hose a short blast of air from a compressor, put your thumb over the hose, listen for leaks. That's how I found my stock tmic was leaking.

You do know the banjo bolt with the filter is on the back of the passenger side head, right ? just remove the filter from it and put the bolt and both crush washers back in.

What noise is the engine making ?

I see rotomaster is a big company, and ISO certified. You should have no problem with them. But as you can see, we only really trust JmP .

I bought my vf52 from Mike at www.AZPinstalls.com back in 2011, they are another trusted vendor here. I ordered it before 10AM, had it the next day.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes it is stock and Ill try that as soon as I can. One thing I noticed the coolant hose that's right above the turbo inlet is leaking slightly perhaps its dripped on the hose and made it look vacuum. I know the bolt is pretty easy to swap out but I was hoping I could just do it all at once, along with a oil change. Rotomaster has come through for me before I know there not to bad but I've never bought a turbo from them. Id better just go with what JmP suggests lol

Archived