LegacyGT.com

Cobb stage 1.5- NOW what??

Up pipe in. Down on. Banjo bolt filter in the trash.

Didn't look bad considering over 100K miles... I think getting the little filter out (especially the little plastic "cap/top" that broke off and remained at the top inside of the banjo bolt) was harder then actually removing the bolt! LMAO

*I diiiiiiiid run into a slight fitment issue with the down pipe.. while it bolted up nicely to the turbo and all: 1. I couldn't get the o2 sensor plug to reach at first (removed it from clamp on tranny to get a little stretch) and 2. The place on the tranny that the original dp bolted up was off by like 4 inches! :eek: - now there is no support, only where it meets the turbo. Might have to make some kinda bracket to connect I guess.

So now- I'm gonna flash it to Cobb stage 2 and see how things go. The bullet proof tmic kit seems like the best choice for now- maybe add a pro tune and eventually a REAL tmic and be done wit it!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*ohh Ya, after debating to remove all of the heat shields off the exhaust manifold (passenger side was only removed) I decided to keep them on.... BUt the most important heat shield , or so you'd think, the turbo heat shield- wouldn't fit over the Cobb down pipe! I guess it stays off? Or do y'all trim it up to fit and reinstall it?

Trim it, it is- seems silly to buy the smallish Cobb turbo heat shield when I could just make the stocker fit.

Are swear words permitted on this board??? :soap_box::mad:

I now have a screaming banshee under the hood above 3000 rpm. I used all new gaskets to the turbo- and copper sprayed the three the manifold uses (passenger block, to the up, and separating to the driver side manifold).

I have a sneaking suspicion it's the up pipe to manifold leaking and screaming it's head off.. I'm trying to find the right gasket locally, and thinking I might stack them out the gate to prevent any leaks... such a drag to put in the work and have a huge set back like this $#!+

http://m.autozone.com/gaskets/exhaust-flange-gasket/subaru/legacy-awd/2006/4-cylinders-2-5l-mfi-turbo-dohc

Can anyone confirm if the top options are for the up pipe to manifold? The one with the point/triangular tab is for in between passenger and driver manifolds just need to pick the right one for the up pipe and I'll have em all

Boost leak has been found- sure enough, the up pipe to exhaust manifold was the culprit. I'm going to replace all of the gaskets, but will reuse the up pipe one; copper spray it and install it with the new, felpro, gasket together. Should seal er up...

Archived