LegacyGT.com

How to delete muffler..

Kemptemp4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not mistaken it's 2 bolts and a hanger holding each muffler on. Spray the bolts with some penetrating oil first and they should come right out.

You may want to check the laws in your state/county to see if your exhaust needs to clear the body of your car or not. I know Pennsylvania requires a tailpipe for inspection.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Have you driven/ridden in a car without mufflers? If you don't straight pipe them, I would go with some Nameless Muffler Deletes. It's basically like your mufflers are removed, but will give a nice throaty growl, and not be too obnoxious. Just my thoughts.

I am just going to straight pipe them now for a nice rumble until I get a new exhaust system in a few months... Mabye borla ;) Has anyone straight piped before though? How does it sound?

Talk to Maxcapacity, he has this done this on one of his cars, he seems to like it.

My wife's balls are delicious.

It sounds like you're 19 and you're cruising for high school chicks.

18 and still in high school, but work 3 jobs and am trying to better my vehicle from my limited current budget. Help and conversation is appreciated, sarcastic bitchin' is not. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

But I already did this last night with 2 1/4" piping and it sounds and looks fantastic, not too ricey either; a little anti-climatic at higher revs though. But for $50, this mod is unbeatable!

ebay catback exhausts go for under $300

I know but if and when I get my exhaust system, it is going to be the one that is perfect (borla), therefore I will never want to replace it. Do it right the first time.

borla is not much better than the ebay ones. far from perfect.

My buddy has a complete borla setup and it sounds AMAZING.. But what do you recommend?

Oh yeah, just like that.. Yup

Sorry I couldn't resist :)

Not sure of your price range but the Invidia Q300 system looks pretty subtle when installed, and gets pretty load when you get into higher rpms.

Try watching YouTube videos of different exhaust systems on the LGT, there are lots of choices.

Good luck!

Sorry I couldn't resist :)

Not sure of your price range but the Invidia Q300 system looks pretty subtle when installed, and gets pretty load when you get into higher rpms.

Try watching YouTube videos of different exhaust systems on the LGT, there are lots of choices.

Good luck!

First post and I am getting roasted haha. Anyways, I will look into it, thank you for the advice!

First post and I am getting roasted haha. Anyways, I will look into it, thank you for the advice!

No, i wouldn't say that you are getting roasted. Maybe a little light ribbing, but that's to be expected. Honestly, if you ask "which mufflers should i buy?", its kind of like asking "what wheels should I buy?" Its a pretty broad question. Borla isn't the worst brand out there, but they certainly aren't the best either. Try listening to the sound clips in thread below, and find what works best for you.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/exhaust-audio-video-clip-compilation-thread-102170.html

No, i wouldn't say that you are getting roasted. Maybe a little light ribbing, but that's to be expected. Honestly, if you ask "which mufflers should i buy?", its kind of like asking "what wheels should I buy?" Its a pretty broad question. Borla isn't the worst brand out there, but they certainly aren't the best either. Try listening to the sound clips in thread below, and find what works best for you.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/exhaust-audio-video-clip-compilation-thread-102170.html

I know, just exaggerating, but I was actually more kind of asking more on the side of what kind and size of piping should I use, but I definitely could have worded my thread better. Thanks for the link

Archived