LegacyGT.com

Just curious about the turn signals

I recently removed my headlights and out of curiosity decided to see if the turn signals would hyper flash. So I turned them on and to my surprise, no. They are perfectly fine. No hyper flash.

Are the turn signals controlled by a computer or an electrical relay or what?

Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A flasher would be my guess probably an electro-mechanical one like every subaru before it lol. The same way it doesn't hyper flash with a bulb disconnected it also doesn't get affected by adding trailer lighting to the mix. My guess is a relay along with the flasher mechanism so the flasher itself doesn't "see" the load therefore is not affected by it. The 6th gen is probably different though.

I'm guessing that putting LEDs with the OEM flasher wouldn't do anything just like removing the bulbs entirely doesn't do anything. No hyper flash. I do wish I had the Tapturn module.

I recently removed my headlights and out of curiosity decided to see if the turn signals would hyper flash. So I turned them on and to my surprise, no. They are perfectly fine. No hyper flash.

Are the turn signals controlled by a computer or an electrical relay or what?

Just curious.

Did you trigger left and right or did you press the the hazard button?

Did you trigger left and right or did you press the the hazard button?

Hazard button, would that be different? I should've tried the left and right but I didn't feel like turning on the ignition.

Yes that's seperate

Oh weird how it is separate from the normal turn indicator flashers. I thought the turn signals might have been controlled by a computer or an electronic flasher but I guess not.

Thanks for the replies!

Archived