LegacyGT.com

Mods after stage 1 tune advice

Hi there, I currently have a 2010 LGT which atm performance wise has had the Ecu tuned and also has a 3 port bcs installed on her and I was wondering in terms of the continuation of modifications/ power gains what would be the next best step in terms of parts to add/ replace on her.

At the moment I've been considering for my next move either getting minimum a 3" down pipe or getting a full 3"turbo back exhaust system set up on her. If there is something else better or more worthwhile by all means feel free to pass on information.

After either the down pipe of full exhaust system whats the next best selection of parts. The mechanic I spoke to recommended in his opinion doing the Fuel pump, fuel rail, injectors, and either turbo high flowing or turbo replacement for memory.

I just want to get necessary information in relation to the build process so I have a idea of the direction that I am heading down so I have a rough idea what I'm in for and cost wise ect. Any information would be much appreciated.

A downpipe would be your next best step, then the intercooler. You're in Australia so I'm guessing you won't be running e85. If so, the stock fuel system should still support your power through stage 2. No need to upgrade unless you put on a bigger turbo.

You will possibly start reaching the limits of the stock clutch with those added upgrades so keep that in mind as well.

I've never seen a charge pipe go below 22 or 23psi, which is way above what you should be running at stage 1. Stage 2 is best bang for buck but add a metal BPV like the Turbosmart.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

A downpipe would be your next best step, then the intercooler. You're in Australia so I'm guessing you won't be running e85. If so, the stock fuel system should still support your power through stage 2. No need to upgrade unless you put on a bigger turbo.

You will possibly start reaching the limits of the stock clutch with those added upgrades so keep that in mind as well.

I can do the E85 tune with the flex fuel set up however E85 availability is limited to only a certain few server-station chains here atm when i looked online recently from memory.

With the down pipe fitment once it's installed that is it i'd assume, no re-tuning after that?

Archived