LegacyGT.com

Interior Floor Lighting Wiring Harness

Msmoto

RE: New 2016 Legacy 3.6R

One of the options is floor lighting for a couple hundred dollars. I opted out, but am curious as to whether the wiring harness in all Legacys is the same,i.e., that the harness for the floor lighting LEDs is actually in place and one would only have to plug in LEDs and have floor lighting.

Anyone know about the wiring harness?

Msmoto aka Ms Tommie Lauer

Legacy 3.6R...

Fast cars, motorcycles, trains, photography, travel...w/Airstream

NIKON, K4MTL

I have no idea, but knowing how Subaru does electrical things I wouldn't be surprised if the light fixture itself was installed. :)

I will maybe try to find a Legacy with the LED factory floor lights and see where they are connected, then plug in my own LED strip. I have installed multiple LEDs in my house running off 12v controlled power supplies. And, for color the use of gels makes it possible to switch out from time to time.

Msmoto aka Ms Tommie Lauer

Legacy 3.6R...

Fast cars, motorcycles, trains, photography, travel...w/Airstream

NIKON, K4MTL

I've found a big difference in the efficiency of LED light strips. I was given a couple of 24V strips which my son and I installed on his scooter and they look fantastic. I then bought another 24V strip for his friend's scooter but they get so damn hot when they're on I didn't bother installing because I knew they'd just run his battery down. :(

Archived