LegacyGT.com

Why does my car always feel so slow?

So I've had my lgt for almost 5 years now and parts keep on going in, hp keeps on going up and it still always feels slow to me. I'm at 420 whp and 416 wtq now and it feels slow. I work at a car dealership and I can't seem to find anything else that doesn't feel slow either. If I get up to 500 whp will it still feel slow then too? :confused:

Do some weight reduction wherever possible without ruining it. Mine, even putting down more power than my 3rd gen RSK feels sluggish and i'm completely sure its because of the few 100kg extra its lugging around.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

And after a month, the Bugatti will start to feel slow and where do you go from there?

Have your tune changed to move the powerband a bit

Bloodhound is next logical step. Head the turning radius is crap tho.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

P.S. was this a real question? I have never had the pleasure of driving a vehicle with 420whp/416wtq but I am having a hard time understanding how that could feel like anything besides a rocket ship. Assuming the car is in good working order and not running on 3 cylinders :)

• I Donated Too

Guess this is obvious... But not all 420whp's are equal. It really depends on when the power and spool starts. I have 416whp and it's terrifyingly fast, I grip the wheel with both hands and go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... every single time.

I am constantly surprised by the power of the car and I have a SEG constantly... unless I see the hint of blue lights in the rear view mirror and then I feel quite sick... The car will jump over the speed limit but a huge amount very quickly and quicker than you can really appreciate unless you have driven a car that does this.

Cruise at 70mph in 5th gear and lightly touch the gas and I do mean LIGHTLY, like barely the weight of the shoe leather more and the hand of god will press into your back and you are at 90mph. The only way I describe the boost is like being in front of a crowd of people and they all suddenly start pushing you forward, there's nothing at that moment you can do about it, you're going to be moving!

If the turbo is too big with too much lag, you are guaranteed a big number you can brag about but it is completely unusable for puttering around the streets at normal speeds.

I have a block and heads designed to handle 1000hp and 8000rpm but I stayed with a custom 20g worked very hard by JMP and myself to come up with the right wheel combinations to maintain as low a spool as possible but still flow for a big number. That and the application of methanol in two places (pre and post Turbo) and the car is a monster. It's terrifyingly fast - 50mph in 4th and it surges like it's been shot out of a cannon. You don't need a big big number to be fast but lots of lag will alwats feel slow. I have friends who have bigger turbos and made 550whp - I pass them with ease between 50 and 80mph - they do not have enough boost to get out of their own way in time. IF we took it up to 120 to 130 they would pass me but I am already so far ahead it's all over for them - besides, you can't safely do that on the street so another vote for the pointlessness of giant Turbo's on the street.

Incidently - I also stayed with my 5 speed, another reason why I don't want too much power. It all works just fine but a built 5 speed is in the future. Engine performance and modification is DONE - it absolutely doesn't need to be faster despite everything suggesting I should get a black or dom 2.5 - it's really fast enough, it really is and it's fun every day and off throttle completely normal and well behaved. Stinks like shit though.

Guess this is obvious... But not all 420whp's are equal. It really depends on when the power and spool starts. I have 416whp and it's terrifyingly fast, I grip the wheel with both hands and go fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... every single time.

I am constantly surprised by the power of the car and I have a SEG constantly... unless I see the hint of blue lights in the rear view mirror and then I feel quite sick... The car will jump over the speed limit but a huge amount very quickly and quicker than you can really appreciate unless you have driven a car that does this.

Cruise at 70mph in 5th gear and lightly touch the gas and I do mean LIGHTLY, like barely the weight of the shoe leather more and the hand of god will press into your back and you are at 90mph. The only way I describe the boost is like being in front of a crowd of people and they all suddenly start pushing you forward, there's nothing at that moment you can do about it, you're going to be moving!

If the turbo is too big with too much lag, you are guaranteed a big number you can brag about but it is completely unusable for puttering around the streets at normal speeds.

I have a block and heads designed to handle 1000hp and 8000rpm but I stayed with a custom 20g worked very hard by JMP and myself to come up with the right wheel combinations to maintain as low a spool as possible but still flow for a big number. That and the application of methanol in two places (pre and post Turbo) and the car is a monster. It's terrifyingly fast - 50mph in 4th and it surges like it's been shot out of a cannon. You don't need a big big number to be fast but lots of lag will alwats feel slow. I have friends who have bigger turbos and made 550whp - I pass them with ease between 50 and 80mph - they do not have enough boost to get out of their own way in time. IF we took it up to 120 to 130 they would pass me but I am already so far ahead it's all over for them - besides, you can't safely do that on the street so another vote for the pointlessness of giant Turbo's on the street.

Incidently - I also stayed with my 5 speed, another reason why I don't want too much power. It all works just fine but a built 5 speed is in the future. Engine performance and modification is DONE - it absolutely doesn't need to be faster despite everything suggesting I should get a black or dom 2.5 - it's really fast enough, it really is and it's fun every day and off throttle completely normal and well behaved. Stinks like shit though.

What rpm do you hit 19psi at in 3rd gear?

• I Donated Too
What rpm do you hit 19psi at in 3rd gear?

No idea. I will log rpm and boost on the AccessPort and see. Maybe tomorrow... I was out and about earlier but it's raining and the state police were all over the place and they weren't afraid to get wet stopping cars left and right so I didn't do any shenanigans

So I've had my lgt for almost 5 years now and parts keep on going in, hp keeps on going up and it still always feels slow to me. I'm at 420 whp and 416 wtq now and it feels slow. I work at a car dealership and I can't seem to find anything else that doesn't feel slow either. If I get up to 500 whp will it still feel slow then too? :confused:

if your power drops off thats probably why.

if it increases as you go to redline im sure youd say different.

Archived