LegacyGT.com

Remember the LGTB ads?

The B4

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/ca...t_id=1001219921

Subaru Revs Up Branding Campaign on Logo

October 03, 2005

Subaru of America will kick start a new interactive branding campaign on Logo Oct. 11, crafting a triad of 30-second spots that are exclusive to the network, along with a parallel print run and an online contest.

The spots, which feature three Subaru models––the B9 Tribeca, the Outback Wagon and the Forester––are enhanced by CGI graphics and laced with a number of arch pop culture references that are freighted with special significance for Logo’s core audience of gay and lesbian viewers.

Tim Bennett, director of advertising, Subaru of America, said the campaign is an extension of the company’s niche marketing strategy, which targets groups as far-ranging as IT professionals, nurses and alpine skiing enthusiasts.

“People buy and drive our cars as an extension of their lifestyle,” Bennett said. “With our brand we have a really educated and diverse audience, so this is a perfect fit for us.”

The first ad, titled “How Do You See Yourself?,” will run between Oct. 11-31, coinciding with National Coming Out Day (the 11th) and the launch of Logo’s first scripted comedy, Noah’s Arc (Oct. 19). Print ads in gay-friendly outlets like The Advocate and Out will herald the Subaru brand, point readers to Logo and offer details about an online contest that challenges viewers to identify various components of the spot for a chance to win a plasma screen TV.

Tom Watson, vp, ad sales, Logo, said the collaboration with Subaru was an example of what can happen when “a client really understands our programming and our audience.” And while it now reaches 17 million households, Logo is just getting started, Watson said.

“This has been an educational process on all sides,” he said. “We’re creating this gay market which wasn’t there before.”

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Volkswagen and Volvo both advertise to the LGBT crowd. I think they do a better job than Subaru about keeping it subtle. Everyone up here already has the idea that Subaru's are just wagons and are for lesbians.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest *Jedimaster*

Cool! Lesbians will want to hang out with me!

On a side note, I once had a lesbian tell me that if she was to go straight, I'd be the one she'd do it for :cool::lol:

I've been told on more than one occasion, by more than one lesbian, that I'm an honorary lesbian.

I don't have the right "tools" to be a true lesbian, but my views on social equality, etc. evidently match how the community feels in general. On the other hand, I do drive a Forester, administrate a site dedicated to the Forester, and know/meet with a lot of Forester drivers...but what do I know?

Are you serious that they are actually going to use those stupid ads? Christ now we're really going to get picked on

Note that in the above post, it was cited that the ads will run specifically on Logo, as targeted advertisement.

----

I could care less either way. :) The more PEOPLE enjoying Scoobys, the better. :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I work with a few Physicians that are from the isle of "Lesbos" and all but one drive the lesbian flagship-Forester as their daily driver. I guess the LGT doesn't count as I haven't been offered "Honorary Lesbian" staus.:)
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Timing is everything. This weekend went camping with a lady friend. We drove her 05 Outback Sport that she just bought Tuesday through the woods getting it all nice and dirty. Sitting around the fire that night 3 young ladies walk up and start "oogling" her car. Now THAT was a real-life Subaru commercial ;)

Makes me almost wish I drove an Outback :lol:

Didnt they do an official poll somewhere that determined the Forrester was the #1 lesbian car?

On a side note... Subaru definately has that "chick" car/ "lesbian" car rep... More than a few people in my office told me I wasnt allowed to get a subie cause it was a chick car... LOL How little they know about the GT, and XT :) That is, until they saw it...

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Guest *Jedimaster*
...so how is your sister doing?

You oughtta know- didn't she give you teh herpes? :lol: Or did you mean my sister from the post your sister thread? :lol:

Yikes,,my wife drives an 03 Forester,,I'll have to ask my son if she's a lesbian;)

My best friend's wife drives a forester too. Women like the Forester...easy to get into, good visibility, higher seating than a car, lots of utility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there's an official lesbian car? Damn.. nobody has told any of the lesbians I know. I don't think any two of them own the same thing. Golf, RAV-4, Saturn sedany thing, ford focus, and a beater mid-80s crown vic.

Archived