LegacyGT.com

ISC and Prime Coilovers?!?

I'm looking into changing my suspension set up, and I've had my eye on the GTWorx Bilstein and RCE Blacks setup.....but

I've been seeing these ISC coilvers, with camber plates and everything included, and now I'm seeing what looks like the exact same thing only called "Prime" coilovers.

Has anyone purchased on tried ISC or Prime coilovers?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you need any more info on the Koni's, please let me know, I can help you out. They are 08+WRX fitment (you won't find them listed for our cars), the rears are direct bolt in, the fronts are strut inserts that need to be bolted into a cut/drilled donor strut.

I haven't ridden in a car with the Bilstein shocks, so I can't say. But for the money, almost half the price if you can do the work yourself, the Koni's are an excellent choice. I have ridden in a Legacy with Koni's and RCE Blacks. It was superb! I absolutely love my Koni/H&R setup.

See, H&R is my favorite brand for springs, but I'm just sure about how it'll look with that drop on 18's, I guess I'd have to increase my tire/sidewall size to get rid of the atrocious gap on these cars. Or move to 19's

Here you go. 18x9+40 with 255/40-18 tires. On H&R and Koni. I don't ever pass up a chance to post pics of my car.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160308/3b4306c4be775ec9b581f371d3e73963.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160308/896f3721669ac92502b5d5a28275c13c.jpg

I have ISC's and have no complaints, they perform quite well. I wouldn't call them "garbage"

Ive been over this many times before, but in short, if you had a quality coilover to compare them to, you'd know what i mean.

wraedeohed: what are you plans for the use of your legacy? Is it strictly going to be a DD or do you plan to track/autox?

Ive been over this many times before, but in short, if you had a quality coilover to compare them to, you'd know what i mean.

I think not everyone is going for a full track suspension which seems what you usually lobby for. If the OP is not going to track/autox I don't think they need a set of KW V3 or Ohlins to drive around town. Granted the ride would be better, but it comes at a 3x-4x cost increase.

if tracking is the measure of why you should buy a quality coilover, then you dont know what you are talking about. ride, chassis control, road manners and performance can be optimized for the road with quality shocks with the right predictable, repeatable valving.

brands like ISC have none of this.

if tracking is the measure of why you should buy a quality coilover, then you dont know what you are talking about. ride, chassis control, road manners and performance can be optimized for the road with quality shocks with the right predictable, repeatable valving.

brands like ISC have none of this.

you really need to start suggesting some setups that will be less $1k a corner.

I have ISC's and have no complaints, they perform quite well. I wouldn't call them "garbage"

Ditto... actually the customer service is one of the best I've dealt with - as many aftermarket suppliers give you very little time of day when you bring up that you drive a 5th gen. - they seemed to enjoy working with me.

So you mean the tein street basis I'll be installing next month (hopefully) arent the best on the market?

No, but you likely won't have any complaints about them. They perform way better than stock and I love mine, they accomplished my goal of lowering and provide a better driving experience without destroying my wallet. I bought them used from s2baru and I'm completely happy with them in the summer time.

So you mean the tein street basis I'll be installing next month (hopefully) arent the best on the market?

:lol: teins are junk. But like with anything, a bunch of people with no experience with better coils will come on and tell you that they are fine.

Archived