LegacyGT.com

06 Spec B Launch Control Issue

JonnyHustoN

Hey guys,

I'm currently having an issue with my Lgt.

I have had this problem for the past 4-5 months. During that time, nothing to my knowledge has changed in anything with my setup or parts.

I don't use launch control on the regular, mainly just to have it as a back up. But I have noticed in the past few months that it no longer engages. I have tried multiple things, including uninstalling my access port in my car and reinstalling the map from my tuner, no luck. Checking the clutch switch and making sure that it's functional, no luck. Loading my laptop with race tuner software and checking the map to make sure that ffs and lc are enabled, and they both are. I only drive my lgt in the spring/summer so that I don't get any salt on her since I live in Michigan. Well spring will be arriving shortly and I'd like to get this issue fixed as soon as possible.

I'm still running the V2 access port. Could this be a problem with the access port? It's old, abused and probably wanting me to switch to the V3 which I may do in the next few months.

Not sure if anyone has any ideas on this. It worked fine ever since I got my tune and have tested it multiple times and it works but my battery died when it was in my garage, and it seems to not want to engage anymore after replacing the battery.

Thanks for any help. I've also searched the crap out of forums and other models of subarus with the same issue but haven't came up with anything.

Thanks for your time guys.

488/500 2006 Spec B

Have you reflashed the car after losing battery? It's possible your realtime map is FUBAR'd from the battery loss, and I wouldn't be surprised if that breaks FFS and launch control on the AP.

edit: In my hasty reading I missed that you said you uninstalled and reinstalled the map. Apologies :spin:

Did you engage it and what rpm do you have it set at? If anything send cobb an email, they're really helpful.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, I'll bite. I'll help make your question(s) easier to understand. You won't get any answers here though, you'll need to post in the correct section. Don't take offense, I'm just trying to be helpful. I recommend creating a new thread in the Turbo Powertrains section. That would be the perfect place to discuss your unique problem, and a really great place to show us pictures of exactly what you're talking about.

Archived