LegacyGT.com

Replacing just water pump.

I would suggest the AISIN TFK004. This kit has EVERYTHING inside the timing cover except the cam and crank seals. AISIN is THE OEM for Subaru. Kit can be had at Rockauto.com for $250. W/P by itself is over $100 and belt is over $150 from Subaru, plus you get all the pulleys, and the hydraulic tensioner in the kit.

I would suggest the AISIN TFK004. This kit has EVERYTHING inside the timing cover except the cam and crank seals. AISIN is THE OEM for Subaru. Kit can be had at Rockauto.com for $250. W/P by itself is over $100 and belt is over $150 from Subaru, plus you get all the pulleys, and the hydraulic tensioner in the kit.

Funny you shold say this, I just ordered my kit earlier today. Paid around 350 shipped for the Aisin kit, Denso boot kit, Bando belts and NGK plugs. Rock Auto has become a major pita. Be careful with them, their shipping prices change by the minute and WILL increase if you don't order the first time...I have proof.

i would just get the whole belt kit with pulleys, tensioner , pump and belt that way you have them if you need to replace them instead of having to stop midway through the project to get parts. depending on your total mileage you may want to do front crank seal on the oil pump.

i installed the gates kit the last time i did my timing belt i got it from amazon

also... i thought gates made the oem timing belts for subaru?

I'd swap the belt unless changed recently. Also the original factory Subaru part on my legacy gt is approaching 200k miles and still working. I'd think twice before putting an aftermarket.

eeep you still have your original timing belt at 200k?:confused:

Archived