LegacyGT.com

air in the coolant system

Hi :)

Since one week I hear a bubbling noise only when accelerate : it is like the home's radiators when they are not purged and sometimes there are few bubbles in the very very very rusted coolant tank ... like radiator cap too :redface:

For an H6 with 150 000 miles I'm not very surprised but anyone has experienced this problem ?

In addition the pipe oil cooler is going down by rust : the external paint ( if it is paint and not the same material :eek:) is flaking / breaking away and just upper the engine timing belt cover is very dirty just around the red square area

http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2016/07/1456084274-pipe-oil-cooler.png

Can't see the picture here at work, Make sure the overflow tank is up to the correct level.

I'll check back when I get home.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well I have filled the tank with a lot of coolant ( more than max level ) and now I have the noise nearly only with the heater ON

Without heater I still have a little the noise but not as strong and not quickly after the first mile.

It is not possible to use the engine ( without moving of course ) without the radiator cap in order to purge the air from the coolant pipes ?

Here's my old tube,

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4727.jpg

That was taken May 2012.

You'll need to tell us if the coolant level is low.

If you think you have a HG problem, have a repair shop check the coolant for HC (hydrocarbon).

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

For the moment the level of coolant into its tank does not decrease even if I can see small bubbles ( one each second more or less ) so the HG is maybe not too bad but I still have the noise with the clim ???

Which technic to purge the air from the coolant ?

Jack up the right front corner, remove the cap from the turbo coolant tank, start engine let the fans cycle, watch for bulbs in the turbo coolant tank. You don't need to have that tank that full. If it's to full the coolant may splash over.

Archived