LegacyGT.com

I would like to say Thank You to Perrin

kelly

The other day I received my new springs fron iON Performance and I proceeded to put them on my car. With a little help from the vacation pics "wink" I was able to complete the whole proceedure in about three hours (taking time to do it right). Well I lowered my off of the jackstands and I hopped in the car to take it for a ride, well to my dismay the car had a rattling noise :confused: in the back. I was puzzeled by this but didn't know what to do about this, so I took it to my aligment appointment at my Suby dealership to see if they could help me out.

They put the car on the lift and notice a couple of mistakes right off the bat, so with the new information I went back home to try and resolve the noise issue. I went home put the car back on the jackstands and proceeded to remedy my mistakes and hopefully "the noise". Put the car back on the ground and took it for a ride, still noise.

The next day I called Jack at iON performance and asked for his advice on this subject, I informed him of all the steps that I did and I swear I did it right. I also informated Jack that I have a Perrin adjustable swaybar in the back and asked him if that could be making the noise? He said most likely but he had no idea, nor in my opion wanted to help me out of this. So once I got off the phone with Jack I called Perrin up and asked them what the problem could be?

I spoke to the technical hot line and Mr. Perrin was helping me out. I informed him of "the noise" and that I had lowered my car and wanted to know if the swaybar could be causing this. He asked me to go to the car and see if I could make the noise by bouncing the car up and down. I went outside with him on the phone and bounced the car and low and behold the car made the noise. He said that wasn't the sway bar but the spings hats weren't on tight enough and that I needed to tighten the hats better. So with the advice that I got, put the car back on the jackstands and took the rear suspension back off again and tighted the hats on tighter. Now I swore I did this right the first time but I didn't. I put the car back down and NO MORE NOISE:) .

So what I'm tring to say is Thanks to Perrin for going the extra mile and helping a customer out that didn't even by there product, except for the swaybar. They could have said good luck and not help me out, for it wasn't there product that was making the noise.

Kelly

P.S. If anyone needs help putting on suspension parts in St. Louis Missouri let me know I will help you out, I'm real good at it now.:D:lol::):dm:

Have you pushed the car to the limit at an autocross or anything with the new springs? I'd like some suspension upgrades, but I'm not going to get springs for just a cosmetic improvement. :) That's cool that Perrin helped you out. I guess they wanted to prove a case where their sway bar didn't rub. :lol: <hides>

kelly - As per our phone conversation, I had explicitly told you to go back to double check all the torque specs on everything you loosened. Given the assumption that the springs were installed correctly, hence the possibility of the RSB causing the noise issue at hand.

In anycase, we're happy to hear you love your set-up.

Kelly - does your Perrin bar have three holes or two? If it has three, keep an eye on the tolerances as your suspension settles. Perrin just redesigned their rear bar for the LGT as there were issues with the old one. Depending on the setting, the rear of the bar was hitting the swingarm....sometimes audible and sometimes not.

Glad that they got you all fixed up! I made the mistake of not tightening the top hat bolts down to snug as well....unloading the rear by letting off the gas caused an awful racket at parking lot speeds. Oh well....you have to learn somehow ;)

Colonel Lingus,

I have the three hole sway bar and by doing the testing to see if it was the sway bar making the noise I couldn't see nor hear any possiable problems with the bar. I moved the bar foward and back by maxing out the holes and the bar didn't hit on anything.

Kelly

Kelly - look at the pics in this thread and then doublecheck your bar:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17677

From your symptoms, it doesn't sound like you are getting the noise in the same way I and others did though. Perrin changed to a two-hole design since the rear of the sway bar was hitting on both sides on some cars.

Archived